ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR new Set(O) form - Evidence of cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karsaai
Newly Registered

ILR new Set(O) form - Evidence of cohabitation

Post by karsaai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all,
I'd be applying for ILR by end of this month along with my wife. Since the ILR form has changed today, I need your guidance for the below:

In section 10A - Passports and immigration documents for all applications.

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse".

My wife is a home maker with no bank account / utility bills addressing her name. Please let me know what documentary evidence can be shown as proof apart from bank accounts / utility bills.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Provide documentary evidence(s) similar to what is required from applicants applying for settlement under the SET(M) route. Refer to SET(M) form, Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Some clarification on this

Is the date of the letter important? For example, if I get a letter from the Council today, sent in both our names and showing we have paid Council Tax for past 2 years - does this qualify?
The letter is dated for today but provides proof that two people at the address were paying tax. The wording on the form states

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

So not clear if a letter given and dated today to both of us stating we paid council for last 2 years qualifies as proof of last 2 years or its merely a letter proving we are together today?

KP

surajban

Post by surajban » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi All,

I am on the same boat, I planned to apply end of may 2011 and at the moment i dont have anything on my dependant name even if i start making the utility bills on her name that would be only for 2 months which i think wont be enough.

1) Does this apply to pre nov 2006 main applicants dependant as well.
2) If i apply only myself for ILR and then apply for FLR(M) for dependant do we still need the documents on dependants name.

Kind Regards
Srj