ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Self Employment Affect Naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack17
Newly Registered

Will Self Employment Affect Naturalisation?

Post by jack17 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:09 am

Im a permanent resident since July 2010 and about to apply for Naturalisation on July 2011 BUT i'll be out of work on April 2011 and am planning to start up a small business. Will it affect my application for naturalisation? BTW, I've been working with the same company from Oct 2004 Until April 2011. ( I need enlightenment please as i've got 3 small children :( )

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:28 am

Previously i was on work permit and later got Permanent Residency and started my own business and got Naturalization in march 2011.

I dont think there will be any problem if you read carefully having job is not a criteria for granting Naturalization. How ever i would suggest to keep your tax affairs upto date (self assessment or Paye etc)