ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British spouse wants to use the EEA route

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Deej2639
Newly Registered

British spouse wants to use the EEA route

Post by Deej2639 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi everyone , after reading the various topics in relation to UK fiancé visas and great input by the members . I would be grateful if any advice can be given by you all.

I entered the UK as a student eight years ago and then had my PSW visa refused due to deception having used false documents to obtain leave go remain . Appealed against the decision , lost , overstayed for eleven months and came back to India voluntarily.

Have got married to a British citizen within 45 day of being back in India and had the biggest wedding , had over 120 members of both our families from the UK attend the wedding .

I would like to ask about the possibility of me using the EEA route Surinder Singh . My wife has a full-time job in the UK but also can get a job in Spain as her company has a office there and she can relocate the easily . I have briefly read how the law works but would like some advice since I am in India now, so how do I get to Spain from India. Does she come to apply at the Spanish Embassy or do i get to Spain on any visa such as a tourist visa. She can by all means come to India and travel with me . Just need some guidance . Thnaks and any advice or help will be highly appreciated .

ThAnks again

skele

Post by skele » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 am

You apply for a 90 day Schengen visa at the Spanish embassy as the family member of an EU citizen. You would have to be either travelling with or meeting your wife in Spain. Once in Spain you apply for a residence card, taking your wife's work contract ertc with you.
The visa is supposed to be issued quickly but you might have a problem with the Spanish not applying the EU laws correctly.
Once you have lived in Spain for a while you should be able to move to the UK but if you have had problems with falsified documents I don't know where you would stand, you might need to speak to a lawyer about that bit!

Deej2639
Newly Registered

Post by Deej2639 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 am

Thanks a lot for your reply Skele,

If that's what exactly needs doing I will look into it and try and apply as soon as . Not applying the EU laws correctly?what did u mean by that ? Did u just mean that I need to be very careful about when i apply and take legal guidance while in Spain.

And do u have any idea as to how quickly schengen visa will be issued from Delhi, apart from the fact that we are married and my wife's work papers and accommodation what else do i need to submit.

Thanks again.

X