ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

some help please

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

koshynita

some help please

Post by koshynita » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Dear friends
I was wondering if somebody on the forum could give me some advice.
I am a naturalised british citizen & applied to bring my elderly parents as my dependants to UK.They were granted ILR subject to not receiving any public funds. They now live with us & we look after them.
Unfortunately my dad, suffers from dementia and requires care throughout or someone to look after them & we now face a different problem.My wife had to stop working to look after them.
I understand we are not eligible for any public funds for carer etc & can only avail this if they become british citizens.
My question is , is there any way we can ask for carer to look after them during 9 am to 5 pm whilst holding this ILR ?
What is the time period or requirements to apply for british citizenship?
Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't think you can ask for a carer (for free) from your local council's social services.

You may hire a carer privately through a care agency or employ one directly ... or, (though unlikely but) if the council agrees, pay for the carer provided by the council.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

koshynita

Post by koshynita » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 pm

thankyou sushd