ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need to notify UKBA about the address change??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanjeev.x.kumar

Do we need to notify UKBA about the address change??

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 am

I just now received my Tier 1 General BRP and I was going through the leaflet which comes along with the card.

It is mentioned that we need to inform the UKBA every time we change our address. Do we really need to inform the UK Border Agency when we ever we move to a new flat?

Senior Moderators, Please advise.

Markie

Re: Do we need to notify UKBA about the address change??

Post by Markie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 am

Inform them when you have an application under review by the UKBA. Otherwise...not required.
sanjeev.x.kumar wrote:I just now received my Tier 1 General BRP and I was going through the leaflet which comes along with the card.

It is mentioned that we need to inform the UKBA every time we change our address. Do we really need to inform the UK Border Agency when we ever we move to a new flat?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:30 pm

sanjeev.x.kumar wrote:I just now received my Tier 1 General BRP and I was going through the leaflet which comes along with the card.

I think you must do as the leaflet says, full stop.

cisco3181

Post by cisco3181 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:30 am

I notified the UKBA last month when I moved my flat.

They sent me an acknowledgement back saying that my address is updated.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Goodluck.