ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

territ
Newly Registered

visitor from India

Post by territ » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:27 pm

I would like my boyfriend to visit me from Mumbai. Neither of us have a lot of money and I am concerned that he will have to show savings to be able to come here, he doesn't even have a bank account although he has regular employment. I read on the home office website that he has to show he has an account with several months transactions, plus thsavings. If I'm sponsoring him (I'm an employed UK citizen with 20yrs tenancy at the same address, plus council tax account) does he still have to show an account and savings?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Yes, unfortunately the most important proof the UKBA is looking for is a reason for him to return back to the country he came from. The only way this can be proved is
1. Employer letter showing he has permanent ling time employment and is expected to return
2. Bank statements showing he has savings in his home country, which he is not taking completely with him and coming here.

It is paramount to show evidence he will return and not decide to stay back or dodge the government once he is here. I can say that from personal experience where my Brother in law told he was carrying X amount for his trip to the UK for 30days but his bank statements clearly showed there was no way he could have saved that much money to come here. Even though he was in long term work, bank statements showing salary and transactions - the govt felt because he was taking so much money, not sufficient proof to show he actually saved the amount and felt that he may decide to stay back in the UK because he really dint have anything great back home - they rejected him. And this was me inviting him here!

Rules are even stricter now and as your case is even more personal where your partner wants to visit you, they may be really careful. all this is only because of the rise in people coming here for short term visit and then disappearing from the system and living here illegally forever - it's unfortunate other genuine people have to suffer because of them

KP