ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!! Enter UK without Biometric Card! Help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cnman
Newly Registered

Urgent!!! Enter UK without Biometric Card! Help!!

Post by cnman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi there,

Hope someone could give me a postivie advice as i am very worried now. I initially been granted the EEA2 residence card as my husband is slovakian. I am from Malaysia. Then my husband done the naturalisation and he is british now. We thought it's better for the spouse visa as it's faster route for me to get the ILR than EEA2. We actually thought that we still could travel with the EEA2 but when i apply in person and get the letter on the same day, they took away my EEA2 and Ive to travel a couple of day later. My husband is not happy as he thought EEA2 is European law but the officer said i am not allowed two status in the UK, so they have to take it away. My husband insists that i still travel without the biometric card as we already has letter that said the spouse visa has been approved, we just wait for the biometric card. I even called UKBA at terminal 3 of the heathrow airport and the lady is very nice, she said i should be alright to travel but still very silly to apply for the spouse visa before the trip as ive already have EEA2. She said they might as you alot of questions when i enter! She said I can quote her name to say that she said i should be fine to travel. But it's still up to the immigration officer at the border. My husband insists that i am already family member of EA member so without the EEA2 i still would be allowed to enter UK. I am kind of scare now. Will they cancel my biometric card and deport me to malaysia to apply again? I read alot in this forum that you are not alowed to travel without the biometric card. Could someone please let me know what would happen? any UKBA officer here? please help...i am travelling this sunday...thanks a million.

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Could anyone please advise? is it possible to travel with just the approval letter? Anyone please! Thanks