ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year `Continuous stay'

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blackwater1

10 Year `Continuous stay'

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 am

Hi there,
If a person is in UK(Student>PSW>Tier 1 G)for few years,He/she leaves the country on/before the date of expiry of the visa,applies for a PBS based visa within a week or so and gets it.He/she does it every now and then and makes up 10 years then will it be counted as a Continuous stay with few days of gap in between of 2 consecutive visas?
I know it may sound stupid :lol: but would appreciate response from members!
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 03, 2011 11:44 am

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ash786
BANNED

Re: 10 Year `Continuous stay'

Post by ash786 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Blackwater1 wrote:Hi there,
If a person is in UK(Student>PSW>Tier 1 G)for few years,He/she leaves the country on/before the date of expiry of the visa,applies for a PBS based visa within a week or so and gets it.He/she does it every now and then and makes up 10 years then will it be counted as a Continuous stay with few days of gap in between of 2 consecutive visas?
I know it may sound stupid :lol: but would appreciate response from members!
1. That wud be fine as long as u leave before the visa expiry and re-enter either with the same visa or another visa within 6 months.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks a lot vinny and ash..I recently came to know about this..I was thinking that 10 yrs must comprise of in country extensions only which can be really difficult.
Moral-Maximum 180 days allowed outside the country in 3653.. :idea:
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 am

Max six months at any one time, not exceeding 18 months in total (276A).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.