ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate leave to remain letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mel1978
Newly Registered

Indefinate leave to remain letter

Post by mel1978 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I hope someone can help me..
I moved from south africa in 1993 to england with my parent. I came over on my mums italian passport...
In 1994 we all were granted indefinate leave to remain..
I have lost this letter... does anyone know how i can get a copy.
Please help

joh118

Re: Indefinate leave to remain letter

Post by joh118 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 pm

mel1978 wrote:I hope someone can help me..
I moved from south africa in 1993 to england with my parent. I came over on my mums italian passport...
Please help
You should apply for a NTL (No Time Limit) stamp. Do you have ANY evidence of having ILR? A copy of your relatives ILR (if you were granted all together at the same time) that should be very helpful.

As you have a lack of evidence, you will need to supply documents to show your Full name. If your name has changed since been granted ILR, then you will need to show this also.

Please see: Completing the NTL or TOC application form for transfer of a visa

If the UKBA do not aprove the NTL application then I guess you could always apply for ILR (again) under the 14 year Long Residency Rule.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Indefinate leave to remain letter

Post by ash786 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm

mel1978 wrote:I hope someone can help me..
Please help
1. I wud not recommend to apply for ILR again in any category.
2. You already have ILR so why bother doing it all again and waste u money.
3. If you all have been provided ILR then any of the family member testify this along with their ILR proof.
4. Also a letter from you asking the HO to provide you a copy of your ILR status.
5. Also wat about contacting your local MP and explain the situation or a solicitor.