ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - Can I apply in HCI for my wife as well?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dex123
Newly Registered

OCI - Can I apply in HCI for my wife as well?

Post by dex123 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Guys,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. I have registered for OCI online and have filled the parts A and B. Can I take the fully signed application (with all relevant documents) to HCI and submit for both of us? or does she need to be present as well?

2. On the HCI website they say they give tokens for OCI applications until 12:00. If I reach there around 11:30AM, when can I normally expect to be finished? Need to tell my boss so would appreciate if someone could give an idea.

Thanks a lot.

geriatrix

Re: OCI - Can I apply in HCI for my wife as well?

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 pm

dex123 wrote:1. I have registered for OCI online and have filled the parts A and B. Can I take the fully signed application (with all relevant documents) to HCI and submit for both of us? or does she need to be present as well?
Read the second paragraph on this webpage.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dex123
Newly Registered

Post by dex123 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks sushdmehta. I had read it earlier but it wasn;t clear to me whether all members of a family have to be present for for this. May be I will ask them over the phone as well.

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Thu May 12, 2011 9:17 am

dex123 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta. I had read it earlier but it wasn;t clear to me whether all members of a family have to be present for for this. May be I will ask them over the phone as well.
As a rule, yes. Implementing this depends on th the mood of the person behind the counter on the day :D