ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

few months till ILR but how do I get there?!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrman
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

few months till ILR but how do I get there?!

Post by mrman » Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 am

Hie everyone I was wondering if anyone can help. I am a GRAPHIC DESIGN GRADUATE on a PSW visa but have struggled to find work for the past year and 8months. Its emotionally drained me and I had made up my mind that i'm just gonna go back to my country and give up chasing "THE DREAM". But now i have realised that when my visa expires I will have just 8 MONTHS till um eligible for 10 years long residency ( i have been here since I was 16 and thanks to some delays from the UKBA on my previous student visas it has resulted in me staying that long legally!).

I hate to sound cliche but U.K is like my home now no matter how much I deny it.

So now um thinking of taking any simple full-time diploma for about a year or ten months ( could be business foundation, web design intermediate e.t.c). I would do a Postgraduate but it will cost me £10 000. and I dont have the money.

but my question is this .. DO YOU THINK THE UKBA WILL REJECT MY EXTENSION ON SAYING THAT UM JUST TAKING A COURSE FOR NO REASON?

OR

Should I be safe and apply for a POSTGRADUATE in Graphic Design ( since I have the B.A honors for it any way) and some how find the money?

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:35 am

You will need to show progression from your past studies. Given that your past studies was a degree level course, it would have to be something higher than that.

If I were you, I would do the post graduate.

ps. dont't spam the board with multiple threads.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 am

What if the new course is at same level but different stream?
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''