ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise - HCI london has changed their fees

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xyz123

Advise - HCI london has changed their fees

Post by xyz123 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:16 pm

hi Guys

I went to get my indian passport renewed today and there was a notice inside HCI that from March 2011, there is an additional £2 per application for all services. This is in not reflected in fees displayed on their website i.e. Oridinary passport renewal costs £29 and not £27.

While this is not a huge change but just want to warn others to be prepared with right money. i had one person who literally came with only £27 to HCI and then had to ask for money from others.

HTH

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

An additional fee of Pound two (£ 2.00) per application would be collected as ‘Consular Surcharge’ from all applicants approaching the High Commission for various services including Visa, passport, OCI & PIO Card, and other consular services.
Effective since 14-Mar-11.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 am

sushdmehta wrote:
An additional fee of Pound two (£ 2.00) per application would be collected as ‘Consular Surcharge’ from all applicants approaching the High Commission for various services including Visa, passport, OCI & PIO Card, and other consular services.
Effective since 14-Mar-11.
Out of interest, where is that quote from?

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 am

It is clearly mentioned in www.hcilondon.in/oci.php, point 7

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm

shajacksha wrote:It is clearly mentioned in www.hcilondon.in/oci.php, point 7
I wish they also updated the fees displayed on the website. e.g. this page still says passport application fee is £27.

http://hcilondon.in/passport.php

The increase is not at all significant but my post was just intended to make sure people go with right money. believe me there was a person in front of me at the counter who did not have this additional £2 and had to ask from others.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Agree that HCI should have made the extra minuscule effort to place the instruction more appropriately on their website or should have updated the charges (for all services offered) to reflect the increase.

Seems like people looking for information regarding passport services are the only lucky ones who may remain oblivious of this charge ... unless they browse every nook and corner of the website.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!