ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal order for in person ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

june20

Postal order for in person ILR application

Post by june20 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi there,
I am going to apply for ILR soon and going to make payment using postal orders. On ILR form they have mentioned that postal orders should be payable to 'Home office leave to remain'. But on Tier 1 form they have mentioned that postal order should be payable to 'Home office'.

Is it incorrect on ILR form or should I go for whatever is written on ILR form.

Thanks.

kunald

Re: Postal order for in person ILR application

Post by kunald » Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 pm

New Set-O form wrote:You must make the cheque or postal order payable to Home Office Leave to Remain and cross the cheque or postal order(s) A/C Payee only.
This is what it says on Page-2 of the new SET-O form, so I would suggest using "Home Office - Leave to Remain". BTW, if you don't mind me asking the reason for paying by postal orders as you will pay a "postal order fee" on top of the ILR fee. If my understanding is correct, you will need to pay £10.00 for every £250.00?

june20

Post by june20 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks for the reply Kunal.

There is no particular reason for selecting postal order as payment mode.
And yes you are right I have to pay £10 for every £ 250.

I have to pay £2025. And it's a big amount what if this payment is declined if I use debit card even after calling bank.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Payment on the Debit card is generally declined if you do not have sufficient funds in the account else it steps thought most of the times.

I personally would call my bank and inform them about this payment that i will be making in near future than getting postal orders.

umb

Post by umb » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm

If you are unsure about payment with credit/debit card you can post them cheque instead of paying 100 extra for postal orders. This will only add little extra time for application processing as the cheque have to clear before they can process the application.

kunald

Post by kunald » Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 pm

june20 wrote: And yes you are right I have to pay £10 for every £ 250.

I have to pay £2025. And it's a big amount what if this payment is declined if I use debit card even after calling bank.
You would end up paying ~£80 on top of the already exorbitantly high fees. The decision is ultimately yours but my 2 cents...inform your bank in advance and your payment should go through easily. Thats how I assume most of the people make payments.

There used to be an interactive form earlier where you fill the form online and make payments before going to PEO. You could do that but I am not sure if the interactive form is available for new SET-O.

cankbs11
Newly Registered

Post by cankbs11 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:02 pm

i believe you can also pay money to home office by bankdraft while attending PEO. it's cheaper option than paying by postal order. it might cost £15.