ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed regarding EEA2 AND EEA1

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ladipo
Newly Registered

help needed regarding EEA2 AND EEA1

Post by ladipo » Sat May 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks for the kind work you have been doing on this forum,I will need your advise on my application,I applied for EEA 2 as spouse of an EU national and my wife applied for a registration document in febuary 03 2011,we moved over from the Republic of Ireland and i have a 5 years residence permit in Ireland.My wife currently exercise her treaty rights through self employment and we submitted evidence of her paying national insurance contribution and letter from HMRC confirming her as self employed.We also submitted an accountant's letter confirming that they are my wife's accountant and have been representing her since october 2010.I got a letter from the home office asking for additional documents stating that i only submitted evidence that my wife is paying national insurance but noting to prove she is actively trading that i should provide an accountants letter, self assessment form etc in 21 days.
We went to her accountant and got him to reprint the letter for us again.I have since not heard back from home office just want to find out if those documents are ok and what our chances are. the application will be 4 months on the 3rd of June 2011.
Thanks i look forward to your response

ladipo
Newly Registered

response. needed pls

Post by ladipo » Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 am

Pls can someone pls help

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 am

If you want to know what is the status of your application, call the HO and ask. You might need to try a few times as they not always give this information out.
If the HO need more documentations, they will write to you.

Application for EEA2 can take up to 6 months although it seems that now they are dealt within 3-4 months.

John

Post by John » Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 pm

My wife currently exercise her treaty rights through self employment and we submitted evidence of her paying national insurance contribution and letter from HMRC confirming her as self employed.We also submitted an accountant's letter confirming that they are my wife's accountant and have been representing her since october 2010.I got a letter from the home office asking for additional documents stating that i only submitted evidence that my wife is paying national insurance but noting to prove she is actively trading that i should provide an accountants letter, self assessment form etc in 21 days.
If that is all the accountant's letter says it does not actually show that she is doing any self-employment work. What sort of work is she doing? How can she show that she is actually doing some work? I suspect that will depend upon the nature of the self-employment.
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

copy of home office letter requesting for additional documen

Post by ladipo » Sun May 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Please find attached content of the letter home office sent to us requesting additional documents.

YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A UNITED KINGDOM RESIDENCE CARD AS THE FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA NATIONAL.

TO ENABLE THE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING TO THIS OFFICE

EVIDENCE THAT YOUR EEA FAMILY MEMBER IS EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS AS A SELF EMPLOYED PERSON.YOU HAVE SUBMITTED EVIDENCE THAT YOUR EEA SPONSOR IS PAYING NATIONAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS HOWEVER YOU HAVE FAILED TO SUBMIT ANY EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT SHE IS ESTABLISHED IN BUSINESS AND IS ACTIVELY TRADING. THEREFORE PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING EVIDENCE: AUDITED ACCOUNTS, ACCOUNTANTS LETTER, SELF ASSESSMENT TAX FORM,INVOICES,BUSINESS PREMISES TENANCY AGREEMENTS,BUSINESS ACCOUNT STATEMENTS ETC.

PLEASE SEND YOU RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS, RECORDED DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED. WE BELIEVE IT WOULD BE REASONABLE TO RECEIVE THE DOCUMENTS WITHIN 21 DAYS. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL AS PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE

ladipo
Newly Registered

documents posted

Post by ladipo » Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 pm

i posted out accountants letter and recent copy of national insurance contributions ,just want to know if the documents are ok as i havent heard back from them and its 3 weeks now.can someone advise if i dont hear from them means they are ok with the documents and when will they decide the application after additional documents received

John

Post by John » Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Can you answer? :-
What sort of work is she doing? How can she show that she is actually doing some work? I suspect that will depend upon the nature of the self-employment.
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

thanks and read pls

Post by ladipo » Sun May 29, 2011 10:00 pm

she trading by selling clothes and it is contained in the accountants letter ,we also have a business bank statement but it is in my name as her passport was with home office so her incomes goes into that account,i also have my normal bank account as well but that is for personal use, just gave home office an accountants letter since that was part of the things asked for and do you think i should also send them the bank statements as evidence of payments in by her customers and even transfer from intl as well.

John

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2011 6:21 am

I think that some invoices, both purchases and sales, would assist. As regards the bank statements, they are not in her name, so would need to be accompanied by a clear explanation.

How is she selling? Using eBay? Or similar?
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

want to know

Post by ladipo » Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 am

do you think we should wait till they send any other letter again before sending out the invoices.thanks so much for putting me through.

John

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 am

When you have answered my questions :-
How is she selling? Using eBay? Or similar?
-: I shall answer you.
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

want to know

Post by ladipo » Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 am

She is sellling to members of our church and friends,friends of friends

John

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm

How much time per week is her self-employment taking up?
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

answer

Post by ladipo » Mon May 30, 2011 1:31 pm

thanks for your response,her self employment takes btw 15 to 20 hours per week.

John

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 pm

I think it would be useful to send more information now .... copies of invoices ... both purchases and sales, and indeed a letter saying the business is taking that amount of time.
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

Post by ladipo » Mon May 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks john

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm

proof of self employment is going to be very difficult for you to prove here,cause she was not actually self employed.the hours does not matter what matters is if she has those exhaustive list of documents,invoices,audited account etc,cus any body can pay national insurance and register as self employed.Go back to her form eea1 and think of a treaty right she can exercise.i have aready seen one which she can exercise without hassles.
NON EU national with RC

John

Post by John » Tue May 31, 2011 8:25 pm

she was not actually self employed
What on earth gives you that idea? Based upon what has been posted, the person is clearly self-employed.
audited account
The great majority of businesses in the UK do not have audited accounts. That does not detract from the fact that they are a genuine business.
John

ladipo
Newly Registered

information

Post by ladipo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks on this forum, i finally received my residence card today but to my greatest surprise my wife's EEA1 wasnt included with it and all my documents was posted back.please what is wrong

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Congratulations!
Your wife EEA1 application might still be with them or just on the way to you in a different letter. Best would be to call them on Monday morning and ask for a status update.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Nothing to worry. Because your EEA2 application was succesfull, it automatically means that your wife satisfies all criteria to be a qualified person and so her EEA1 application will be succesfull as well. As said before, it is likely to be posted separately and the formalities of actually issuing the residence certificate (in a different department of UKBA) may cause a slight delay.

ladipo
Newly Registered

Post by ladipo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 pm

BUT ALL THE DOCUMENTS WE SENT WITH BOTH APPLICATIONS WERE RETURNED JUST MISSING THE RESIDENCE CARD

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm

ladipo wrote:BUT ALL THE DOCUMENTS WE SENT WITH BOTH APPLICATIONS WERE RETURNED JUST MISSING THE RESIDENCE CARD
So a decision has been made apparently, and can only be in your favour as I said before. However, the process of physically producing the residence certificate and sending it to you is separate from the EEA2 application and may take a few days more. Really, nothing to worry about!

ladipo
Newly Registered

response needed

Post by ladipo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:13 pm

do we contact the home office tomorrow asking about the whereabout of the residence certificate of my wife

ladipo
Newly Registered

Post by ladipo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks for the kind work the forum has been doing, i will like to point out that its almost 3 weeks since i got my residence sticker but havent received my wife's EEA1 dont know why or whats is happening, please is this normal