ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR at Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

Successful ILR at Solihull PEO

Post by Cheekoo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:31 pm

I was on Work Permit for 1.5 Years and then shifted to HSMP, then got an extension (Tier1). Completed 5 Years and applied for ILR today in person at Solihull PEO.

The only complexity in my case was that I got a speeding fine (SP30, 3 points and £60 fine) thru Court, in 2007, which I was not sure that will be counted as FPN or will be counted as conviction. As suggested by Moderator Sushdmehta & some of the members on this forum, I applied for a CRB Check and SAR Report at police station. By the time of the appointment I got the SAR report which said that they don’t have any convictions recorded for me on PNC. So I went ahead and filed the application.

Reached Solihull PEO 30 minutes before the apoointment, I was given a ticket within 5 minutes of the entry and after 3 minutes of that I was called by the case worked.

The documents I carried were -

Set(o) form
Passports for me , wife and daughter
P60’s for last 5 years (2 of the P60’s were black and white printed copies, not the original ones as my employer sent me thru email)
12 payslips
12 months bank statement
Daughter’s birth certificate
Life in the UK pass certificates
Employer Letter

Other than this I was carrying the following , just to ensure that I have the sufficient documents with me if needed.

Bank statements for the years where I had black and white copies of P60’s
Payslips for the above mentioned years
Marriage certificate
Degree certificate
SAR Report

When I was called by case worker he asked for the following
Set(o) form
Payslips
Bank Statements
Life in the UK test certificates

I asked if he needed employer certificate , he said if you have it give me , otherwise it’s ok. He didn't ask for P60's. He asked if I have mentioned all the absences in the form and I said yes (it was only 100 days out of country in my case). He said that he is going to perform some checks for me, took 5 minutes , went inside with our passports and came back, tick marked a few items on a paper and asked me to go to the counter and pay the money.

Once the money was paid, he asked me to come back after a few hours and collect the passports, said everything looks fine.

Came back after 2.5 hours and collected the passport.

It took only 25 minutes for this overall process (excluding the second visit to collect the passports).

I handed over the feedback form with top rating to this PEO. They deserve it. Directly went to Pub for celebration.

As mentioned by some of the members here , it’s correct that they first check your papers, confirm that your case is fine and you will get ILR and then only send you to pay the fee. So Solihull PEO is the best choice for any complex cases.

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks for sharing Cheekoo. Not sure that it's worth travelling to Solihull from London just for ILR though.
PM

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

Post by Cheekoo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm

If there is any complexity in your case then I would say it's worth coming down to Solihull, but if it's straight forward then you can get it done anywhere.

sophil
Newly Registered

Co-Habitation ILR

Post by sophil » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for ILR in last week of june, holding tier1visa,

for evidence of cohabitation and letters, what did u provide??
Can you share the sample of your letter of employment??

blay1

Re: Successful ILR at Solihull PEO

Post by blay1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Cheekoo wrote:I was on Work Permit for 1.5 Years and then shifted to HSMP, then got an extension (Tier1). Completed 5 Years and applied for ILR today in person at Solihull PEO.

The only complexity in my case was that I got a speeding fine (SP30, 3 points and £60 fine) thru Court, in 2007, which I was not sure that will be counted as FPN or will be counted as conviction. As suggested by Moderator Sushdmehta & some of the members on this forum, I applied for a CRB Check and SAR Report at police station. By the time of the appointment I got the SAR report which said that they don’t have any convictions recorded for me on PNC. So I went ahead and filed the application.

Reached Solihull PEO 30 minutes before the apoointment, I was given a ticket within 5 minutes of the entry and after 3 minutes of that I was called by the case worked.

The documents I carried were -

Set(o) form
Passports for me , wife and daughter
P60’s for last 5 years (2 of the P60’s were black and white printed copies, not the original ones as my employer sent me thru email)
12 payslips
12 months bank statement
Daughter’s birth certificate
Life in the UK pass certificates
Employer Letter

Other than this I was carrying the following , just to ensure that I have the sufficient documents with me if needed.

Bank statements for the years where I had black and white copies of P60’s
Payslips for the above mentioned years
Marriage certificate
Degree certificate
SAR Report

When I was called by case worker he asked for the following
Set(o) form
Payslips
Bank Statements
Life in the UK test certificates

I asked if he needed employer certificate , he said if you have it give me , otherwise it’s ok. He didn't ask for P60's. He asked if I have mentioned all the absences in the form and I said yes (it was only 100 days out of country in my case). He said that he is going to perform some checks for me, took 5 minutes , went inside with our passports and came back, tick marked a few items on a paper and asked me to go to the counter and pay the money.

Once the money was paid, he asked me to come back after a few hours and collect the passports, said everything looks fine.

Came back after 2.5 hours and collected the passport.

It took only 25 minutes for this overall process (excluding the second visit to collect the passports).

I handed over the feedback form with top rating to this PEO. They deserve it. Directly went to Pub for celebration.

As mentioned by some of the members here , it’s correct that they first check your papers, confirm that your case is fine and you will get ILR and then only send you to pay the fee. So Solihull PEO is the best choice for any complex cases.
Did you answer yes to the criminal conviction on the form?

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 pm

yes please could you inform us what you have answered to question 7.1 regarding criminal conviction .. .yes or no ?