ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Application Processing Delay

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I have submitted the visa application form on 04/04/2011 from Colombo VFS office (Sri Lanka) & still I have not got my visa. I applied jointly with my husband.Our application status are"Visa application under process at the British High Commission" Does anyone have any clue about the processing times for Tier 4 visas? Also does anyone know if there are currently any delays in visa processing times in Sri Lanka?

Regards.
Last edited by Anu-I on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 am

Does any body here who applied for Tier 4 visa from Sri Lanka within the the same period mentioned as above? Also confirm the status of that. (Whether you have recived the visa or not).

Thank You

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Pls Help

Post by Anu-I » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Got to know that there will be major changes happening in Tier 4 applications from 04/07/2011. will that be effect for my visa as well? I handed over my application form on 04/04/2011.still I have not received the visa. If someone know anything about this pls post a reply since i don't have any clue of this & i'm very upset.

Thanx.

:( :( :( :(

swati

Post by swati » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes your application will also fall in the new category depending upon your Level of study (PG/UG),and the your sponsor.Have u sent any email to your high comission yet???

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I have applied for UG level. Still I Have'nt sent any email to the high commission.I applied with my husband as dependent. In this case will he be able to work full time? Also I have applied for a college.not for university.Also I applied by my self & no one is sponsoring us.
Pls advice since my college start date also already passed.

swati

Post by swati » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:42 pm

As per my understanding according to new rules after 4 July only PG students can take dependents, I am not sure about your case as you had applied long back in April. Sponsor is your college. You should send an email to high commission and enquire why they have not responded since 3 months..
You can also check the below link for more details.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/immigration.php

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 am

Thanx alot Swati for your kind reply.

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 am

hi Anu

any news about your and your husbands visas?

I also applied recently and not extremely worried as the new visa rules changes in 4th july might affect my visa processing time too :(

I checked in BHC colombo FB page, there also several ppl are inquiring about their visa :(

Harindya
Newly Registered

Post by Harindya » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 am

it should be Extremely worried (NOT "not extremely worried :()

typo

thanks again

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:10 am

NO Harindya I'm waiting & totally clueless

:( :( :( :(

wannabstudent
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Application Processing Delay

Post by wannabstudent » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi

I have applied for the Student visa in chennai on 9th May 2011 and still waiting. UKBA says that the application is still in process.

ansafrahim

Post by ansafrahim » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:03 am

I applied on 7th june and still waiting for reply. Whats taking so loooooong??......:@

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Got know that there is an auditing going on for each & every colleges in UK . Until the hall report submitted,all visa processing will be hold. (As confirmed by my agency). Don't no how long will it take for complete the above process.

Pls check the below link for further details.

http://www.tier4matters.co.uk/

ansafrahim

Post by ansafrahim » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:55 pm

@Anu-I
How is it possible? An audit carried out on colleges shouldnt interfere visa processing as it happens on high commissions not in uk. What agency ur talking about?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Anu-I wrote:Got know that there is an auditing going on for each & every colleges in UK . Until the hall report submitted,all visa processing will be hold. (As confirmed by my agency). Don't no how long will it take for complete the above process.

where does it say this link?

It is not true that all visa processing will be on hold. I am aware of decisions on tier 4 applications made from abroad this week.

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 am

As I know UKBA is doing the auditing for colleges. They have to submit that report to High Commission. until that some of visas processing will be hold,specially who are applied for private colleges and for new applications. I checked through one of agency in SL who are dealing with student visas.This is what they confirmed to me.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 am

Anu-I wrote:Got know that there is an auditing going on for each & every colleges in UK . Until the hall report submitted,all visa processing will be hold. (As confirmed by my agency). Don't no how long will it take for complete the above process.

Anu-I wrote:As I know UKBA is doing the auditing for colleges. They have to submit that report to High Commission. until that some of visas processing will be hold,specially who are applied for private colleges and for new applications. I checked through one of agency in SL who are dealing with student visas.This is what they confirmed to me.
which is it "each and every college and every visa application" or some of them, especially those who applied for private colleges and new applications?

Agents don't have a habit of giving accurate advice on such issues.

Anu-I in relation to your case - you said you applied on 04/04 - when does your course start?

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

My college started date was on 16/05/2011. Now it's already passed & still I'm waiting for my visa.
New applications means those who are applying for the first time.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:42 pm

swati wrote:Yes your application will also fall in the new category depending upon your Level of study (PG/UG),and the your sponsor.Have u sent any email to your high comission yet???
how far you are sure that she will fall under new cateogry , do you or any of your mates work in home office ?

its in their (british high commission,srilanka) hand to decide to give her visa from which date and also depends upon her application date. she has applied before new rules came into effect.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Anu-I wrote:My college started date was on 16/05/2011. Now it's already passed & still I'm waiting for my visa.
New applications means those who are applying for the first time.

You need to get a letter from your tier 4 sponsor confirming you can start at a later date.

I have not heard elsewhere that applications are on hold.

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Greenie ,

Thanx a lot for your kind reply. Do you have any idea why these visa's delay so much? Most of the people who have applied within that period (March / April / May) have not received their visa yet.
If someone have any idea about this, pls reply.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:07 am

Anu-I wrote:Hi Greenie ,

Thanx a lot for your kind reply. Do you have any idea why these visa's delay so much? Most of the people who have applied within that period (March / April / May) have not received their visa yet.
If someone have any idea about this, pls reply.
What is the name of your college?

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Victoria English College - Holborn -London

Dilann
Newly Registered

College licence suspended

Post by Dilann » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Anu-I wrote:Victoria English College - Holborn -London
Hi I have checked home office's final update for tier 4 sponsor
Licence file.i can see that ur college's licence has been suspended by ukba thats that reason
Ur application delayed that so long.I am also in The same situation
I have applied my renewal on april still no response from ukba.
I since April to 1th of July my college was on tier 4 Highly trusted
On 2 th of July my college licence suspended. What a sad incident I heard there was 32 more college's licence suspended.

Now we can expect anytime a email or letter from ukba with two options either change our college and reapply or keep our application until college appeal against the decision.