ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Cohabitation-SET (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cnman
Newly Registered

Proof of Cohabitation-SET (M)

Post by cnman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi there,

I just got my 2years spouse visa in april 2011. I will have probloem to proof that me and my hubby live together. I will have proof that me and my hubby are living together from april to sept but starting from this sept i am moving to another city to study. I did try to apply for Uni in wales but i didn't get a place here. I can proof that as I have my UCAS letter.

If anyone of you could help me, how do i prepare evidence that me and my hubby are in contact, will train tickets, Joint acc and Medical insurance enough? I read in the forum we can provide skype or MSN chat.

I really need guidance to prepare me for my application in 2years time. I really wanna finish my studies as I don't wanna wait another 2yrs before i get back to my studies. Could someone please advise? A million thanks.

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 am

I am no expert but....

are you doing a first degree or a postgraduate, if it's a first degree I would consider your address at the uni as temporary and your adress with hubby as permanent, isn't this the case for all young students who stay at student accomodation but keep living at their parents?.

also, I would keep all the train/bus/petrol tickets showing that every weekend/month/end of term you go back to your husband or he visits you...

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 am

I would seek professional legal advice on this before you let time slip by and then find that you're facing an extension visa in 2 years time instead of ILR. This needs to be planned carefully in advance. When you were granted the 2 year spouse visa in April one of the conditions was that you would be living together and I assume you submitted proof of the accommodation etc. The UKBA caseworker could take the view that you submitted a false statement of intent. You'll need to keep strong documented evidence of regular contact and proof that the marriage is subsisting.
Did you enter on a spouse visa or switch from another visa category from within the UK?

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:32 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. I never thot not living together is a problem. I can prove that I am studying at Bournemouth University and my hubby is studying in Glarmorgan University in Wales. He is in his final year this sept and i am in my second year. I actually took a year off from Uni and spend it with my hubby but i really wanna get back to my study now.

I am glad that I read thru the forum here and come across proof of cohabitation, thank God! So now I can prepare for it. What should i do now? Should i get advice from some expert? I hope to get as many advice as possible so i can prepare for it when i apply for SET (M).

I actually was student with valid visa till oct 2012 then i got married, my hubby applied the EEA2 first coz i wanna get a year off to spend time with him. Then my hubby thinks the FLR (m) is a faster route than EEA2 for me to get naturalisation coz it only takes 2yrs rather than 5years so we applied in person and granted in April 2011. I kind of regret to swap from EEA2 now coz it's so much more complicated than the FLR (M).

So, I would be grateful if i get lots of help or advice on what to do now. Thanks a million.

Regards....
Last edited by cnman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:10 pm

just would like to add that me and my husband are married and we are together, the intend to live together for long term is defo what we plan to do but due to our studies we have to be away from each other. Does that mean i don't intend to stay together?

It stressed me out now..ive been googling about this for ages now. Kind of tired. Hope people can give me advice. I know i will keep train tickets and flights tix coz we do travel every year to see his family in Europe. And i will keep all phone bill to prove ive called him and also skype/MSN chat conversation. I will save all our chats conversation starting this september. I read in one forum that said even you move away as a student, your address for correnspondence can still be your husband's address. can i do that? i don't want the Immigration officer to find out that I am studying in Bournemouth Uni and how can i stay in Wales. Sorry for being so long winded. I am worried here...

thanks again

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 am

As I suggested in my first response, I suggest you seek legal advice. I would also strongly advise you not to withhold the information in your ILR application that you've been studying at a University in Bournemouth. Bear in mind that the UKBA have access to official records. You give them this authority when you sign the SET(M) form

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm

I agree with Casa. You have many options to consider now but after two years you will not have much. so seek advise from experts. there are a few a online solicitors which's a free service.

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the advise again. I think I should go seek legal advise. Gopalan, do you have any information on those free legal services. Thanks a million. :D

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I know it's so so silly but was thinking if i really can't then we will try to get the EEA2 again..which is so stupid coz we initially have that but i will try to get alot of advice and keep lots of evidence that we do keep in touch or in contact during time apart. if they refused SET (M) and offer extension of FLR (M)..we will go for EEA2 coz i know they do count from the day we are married right? So it will back date it not a fresh start that we have to wait for another five years..that's my understanding, is that right?

Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I believe you'll find you can't switch from the UK route to EU regulations.

cnman
Newly Registered

Post by cnman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Really? i can't switch to EU route? i read somewhere in the forum that someone did switch from UK to EU route but that was ages ago. Did they change it now?