ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Didn't get Stamped going out the EuroTunnel, but did back in

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CullenD
Newly Registered

Didn't get Stamped going out the EuroTunnel, but did back in

Post by CullenD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:52 am

Hi all,

As the title hints to - I recently went to France for the weekend via the EuroTunnel. Going from the UK to France, both the UK and French authorities didn't look at our passports at all. Coming back, the UK did stamp and process them.

Does anyone know if this will cause a problem come the time to apply for ILR, as from their point of view, they don't have a record of when I left?

(I have kept the internet ticket + boarding card just in case)

Thanks in advance
Dave

vinny

Re: Didn't get Stamped going out the EuroTunnel, but did bac

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 am

CullenD wrote:(I have kept the internet ticket + boarding card just in case)
Then this shouldn't be a problem.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:14 am

This is not a problem. It happend to me twice during bank holiday weekends at Dover port and when I was granted ILR 2 months back, it didn't create any problem. I didn't produce any tickets either.

CullenD
Newly Registered

Post by CullenD » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks for yor feedback - puts my mind at rest a bit :)