ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional referee for my kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zabir
Newly Registered

Professional referee for my kids

Post by zabir » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 am

A retired British Dr can be professional referee of my kids for ANI form? But he is not engaged with the child in a professional capacity. Please help me….

lionking007

Re: Professional referee for my kids

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:00 am

zabir wrote:A retired British Dr can be professional referee of my kids for ANI form? But he is not engaged with the child in a professional capacity. Please help me….
How about your kids school teacher or someone. local counsellor, community leader or someone who knows you and your family and is a Managing Director of a lmited company etc... should be enough If your kid is very smal (i.e just born etc...) then someone from above who knows you very well for long enough should be sufficient I guess

zabir
Newly Registered

Post by zabir » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 am

lionking007 wrote:
zabir wrote:A retired British Dr can be professional referee of my kids for ANI form? But he is not engaged with the child in a professional capacity. Please help me….
How about your kids school teacher or someone. local counsellor, community leader or someone who knows you and your family and is a Managing Director of a lmited company etc... should be enough If your kid is very smal (i.e just born etc...) then someone from above who knows you very well for long enough should be sufficient I guess
thanks for your reply,they are between 8 to 14 years old. neither GP not teacher are willing to be referee...

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 am

zabir wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
thanks for your reply,they are between 8 to 14 years old. neither GP not teacher are willing to be referee...
Any friend that you know of who is either a bank officer, manager, or someone professional. what about your kids friends parents???? I am sure your kids will have plenty of friends and you I am sure would know of their parents through regular interactions; also, a minsiter of relegion from a mosque etc...

zabir
Newly Registered

Post by zabir » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:05 pm

lionking007 wrote:
zabir wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
Any friend that you know of who is either a bank officer, manager, or someone professional. what about your kids friends parents???? I am sure your kids will have plenty of friends and you I am sure would know of their parents through regular interactions; also, a minsiter of relegion from a mosque etc...
yes i have couple of friends but according to the HO guidance they are not as "One referee should have known the child personally and have been their doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker, or minister of religion. The other referee must be a holder of a British citizen passport.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 pm

I would agree with Lionking, try a minister of religion - sorry if this is presumptive, but check with your place of worship's leader. People may be reluctant due to the passport number field. Tell them they can put in business address/number for contact details and put 'available on request' in the passport number field.
Good luck

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't think that the professional referee needs to be engaged with the child in a professional capacity: he or she has to be a professional and know the child/parent(s).

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Christophe wrote:
I don't think that the professional referee needs to be engaged with the child in a professional capacity: he or she has to be a professional and know the child/parent(s).
Christophe is right. Also as far as i am aware, Professional refree do not have to give their passport number. They already have the appropriate systems in place if need be they can check at their end.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:02 am

I disagree. The instructions clearly say that for a child, one of the referees should be a professional (of any nationality) who should firstly know them, and secondly have been their teacher/doctor/health visitor/social worker/minister of religion etc.
Link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngtheform/

Now whether they exercise discretion on that requirement, I do not know but would welcome views.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Slightly wrote:I disagree. The instructions clearly say that for a child, one of the referees should be a professional (of any nationality) who should firstly know them, and secondly have been their teacher/doctor/health visitor/social worker/minister of religion etc.
Link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngtheform/

Now whether they exercise discretion on that requirement, I do not know but would welcome views.
I beg your pardon: you are right and I was wrong. Sorry for any confusion.