ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Question regarding EEA4

Post by alexanoon » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi All, I have a question regarding the EEA4 application for PR and was wondering if you could please advice me on what to do.

I am a divorcee, me and my ex spouse divorced after 4 years of marriage. I have confirmation of retaining my rights after the divorce with my spouse and it is now time for me to apply for PR. I have a few questions regarding this:
1. Section 3 of the form asks for details of my ex spouse. I know some information but dont know the address of if they work at the same place. Do i leave this section blank or just enter the information I know. I was thinking of attaching a covering letter saying I hvae already retained my rights and have a new sticker on my passport to confirm this.
2. Also my spouse has been working since 2003 in the UK and I have a letter from their employer confirming this. the letter is dated december 2009 and it says that they were working there since 2003. I also have some pay slips that cover the period of the divorce. Would this be sufficient to prove that they were exercising treaty rights in the UK. it already covers > 5years employment.
3. Also I am not sure if they still work there so what should i do in section 4 do i put an end date or just leave the end date blank.

I have loads of documents that prove we were living togethor for more that 3 years. i will send this information to them as well.

Please let me know what your thoughts are.
thanks for everyones help in advance.

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Post by alexanoon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:08 am

Hi All, sorry to pest you, but can the gurus please help me out. I need to fill out the form and send the application out asap.

thanks for your advice and help. I am aware that people are not always around to answer questions and that this is not their main priority. I apologise for being pushy.

sleeper

Post by sleeper » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 am

alexanoon wrote:Hi All, sorry to pest you, but can the gurus please help me out. I need to fill out the form and send the application out asap.

thanks for your advice and help. I am aware that people are not always around to answer questions and that this is not their main priority. I apologise for being pushy.
I am due to apply for PR in July, after retaining my rights following divorce, my plan is:

1. I will write covering letter explaining the situation, clearly stating the dates of marriage, divorce, and exercising treaty rights by my ex + letter from HO confirming that I’ve retained my rights with a new 5 year permit in my ppt. In section where it asks for my ex employment information I will provide details of her employers for the time we’ve been married.
2. Letters from my ex employers will be provided with an application form. They shouldn’t ask them at all as I think they’ve checked that when I applied to confirm my residency after divorce (it says on the letter from them that I am no longer dependant on my ex)
3. I would put start date of employment – and leave the end date blank.
4. You do not have to provide the documents proving your cohabitation as they’ve checked this when you applied for your confirmation of retention of residency rights. But to be on a safe side you can send them with your application. I’m not sure whether I will provide this or not with my application.

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Post by alexanoon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Sleeper can you please keep us posted on what happens with your application and what docs you end up sending please
sleeper wrote:
alexanoon wrote:Hi All, sorry to pest you, but can the gurus please help me out. I need to fill out the form and send the application out asap.

I am due to apply for PR in July, after retaining my rights following divorce, my plan is:

1. I will write covering letter explaining the situation, clearly stating the dates of marriage, divorce, and exercising treaty rights by my ex + letter from HO confirming that I’ve retained my rights with a new 5 year permit in my ppt. In section where it asks for my ex employment information I will provide details of her employers for the time we’ve been married.
2. Letters from my ex employers will be provided with an application form. They shouldn’t ask them at all as I think they’ve checked that when I applied to confirm my residency after divorce (it says on the letter from them that I am no longer dependant on my ex)
3. I would put start date of employment – and leave the end date blank.
4. You do not have to provide the documents proving your cohabitation as they’ve checked this when you applied for your confirmation of retention of residency rights. But to be on a safe side you can send them with your application. I’m not sure whether I will provide this or not with my application.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Can you advise about retained rights?

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi

the poster of this thread below had their PR rejected and is going to appeal, but they do not seem to know about retained rights after divorce.

As youse are in a similar situation, perhaps you can read the posts and give confirmation about retained rights and give each other support?

see it here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82577

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Re: Can you advise about retained rights?

Post by alexanoon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for this. But my case is different, I have a letter from employer stating that my ex spouse was working there for >5 years. I also have payslips 1 month before initiation of the divorce up until 1 month after the decree aboslute so i am covered there
nonspecifics wrote:Hi

the poster of this thread below had their PR rejected and is going to appeal, but they do not seem to know about retained rights after divorce.

As youse are in a similar situation, perhaps you can read the posts and give confirmation about retained rights and give each other support?

see it here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82577

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Hi Alexa

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 am

This case law is initally about residence card revocation, but the bottom half discusses retention of rights and the evidence required to prove permanent residence has been acquired.

Maybe it will be of interest to you?

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IA/ ... syria.html