ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O form queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sun_ksh

SET O form queries

Post by sun_ksh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:45 am

Advise on Section 5.2 and 5.3 of form- SET O ILR form

I will be applying for ILR with Tier- 1 visa.

I am renting a flat and pay £800 rent per month. This amount I am entering in Section 5.2.

In section 5.3 , I need to enter my pay each month after income tax and other deductions.

I am employed as a director of limited company and withdraws net £750 salary. Plus I withdraw a dividend also (say £2250). What amount one should enter in section 5.3?

Should I enter £750 or £3000 ?

Please advise.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Is that dividend not an income for you? Doesnt that amount help towards monthly expenses? It does and so it is you monthly income and hence you need to add all sources from where you get income and put the total figure of £3000. If there was a separate section for income from other sources then that would have helped but thats not the case in this form
Of course, make sure you have sufficient proof to show you earn £3000 monthly and on a regular basis.

KP

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:02 pm

thanks

i will make sure that my monthly pay (which will also include dividend) appear on the accountant letter.

sunny

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 pm

I am on Tier 1 working as director of limited company since last 2.8 years. First two years I was on work permit. I need to fill section 10L of the form which in turn directs to section 9A which is fine.

The following statement in section 10L is not clear me to and seek some guidance.

“For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.â€

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am

[quote="sun_ksh"]I am on Tier 1 working as director of limited company since last 2.8 years. First two years I was on work permit. I need to fill section 10L of the form which in turn directs to section 9A which is fine.

The following statement in section 10L is not clear me to and seek some guidance.

“For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.â€

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 am

I have just read your queries and read the Section 10(L).

Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit
holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
1 0 L

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.
Unquote

If my understanding is correct, you just need to ensure that you have met the earning requirements as per Section 9(a). As per my understanding, they are only saying that ensure you have fulfilled requirements as per Section 9(a).

Experienced members, any comments please?

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am

I was going thorugh SET O application form, in Section 10 under 10L it says

Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What does the sentence in bold mean? Do we have to provide them the documents we used for Initial approval 5 years ago ?

Senoir members any advice ? What it means ? Thanks

malepiscean

Post by malepiscean » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 pm

I think this might be of help (IMHO), like always, if you disagree please explain so I can correct my understanding if needed...

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 am

Hi,

I have a similar query on the net pay amount to show. I am also a director of my own company, but my monthly amount varies as its based on the hours worked. I take the minimum salary and draw a dividend once a year. How would I calculate the "monthly" amount?

Would really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks
sean

destiniation_london

URgent!!!!

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Its been almost 9 months for me as a director of company.
I withdraw a minimum salary every month and have twice taken dividend.

What should I write in my net salary column??? minimum salary or

(Salary for the first 3 months from employment )
+
(salary + dividend as director of company )

should i divide that by 12 months.

Please reply at the earliest....

Also, Accountant letter should be addressed to whom?

should it be PEO I'm attending or 'To whomsoever it may concern'

intgral

Post by intgral » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:48 pm

The form states a requirement to prove the net profit of the company, not your net income.

mharoon79

Re: SET O form queries

Post by mharoon79 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:39 am

Quick reply please . Sending ILR today 23 june 2016

I am a director of a limited company. Please advice the following section 5.3 from Set(o) form
5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes , No If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
Does this question imply on director? The word (income tax and other deduction) apply on PAYE montly income but I take dividend . The accountatn said 5.3 relates to PAYE montly salary employe and you are the director of limited company and you have already mentioned your sourece of income in previous earning section and submitting accountant letter, divident, accouts and bank statment
. Shall I select 5.3 Yes or No

quick reply will be helpful

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Dividends are still subject to deductions so you will have to calculate the dividends you earn after tax across 12months and then calculate the monthly average and fill in that section. Yes to 5.3 as you are still in the UK and paying taxes here based on the dividends from your company.

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:24 pm

i claimed prevevious earning from 21 june 2015 to 20 june 2016(12 months). Strat date of soucrse of earning is from 1st Dec 2015 to 20 june 2016 (7 months). Shall I divide claimed earning (x amount) by 12 months or by 7 months
x/12 or x/7

Quick reply much appreciated.