ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- CHILD BENEFIT

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hiramit
Newly Registered

ILR- CHILD BENEFIT

Post by hiramit » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi john
Gone through all the posts but cant find what i m looking for.I would greatly appreciate ur help in my matter.
I came to Uk on student visa frm India in may 2001,Applied for ILR IN MAY 2011 based on 10 years long residency, still not recieved.After going through all the topics posted i m very worried due to child benefit that i claimed 3 years ago when my daughter was born in feb 2008 and on my application i answered no i dont calim any benefits since i thought child benefit is not part of public funds. ME and my husband do not claim any other benefits.
Also i have been extending my student visas for the past 3 years without any problem, So do you think they can reject my ILR?
PLEASE HELP JOHN, Thanks a lot.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: ILR- CHILD BENEFIT

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 am

hiramit wrote:Hi john
.After going through all the topics posted i m very worried due to child benefit that i claimed 3 years ago when my daughter was born in feb 2008 and on my application i answered no i dont calim any benefits since i thought child benefit is not part of public funds. ME and my husband do not claim any other benefits.
Can you clarify - did you claim child benefit years ago and then stop claiming, or are you still claiming child benefit?

John

Post by John » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 am

hiramit, you have posted openly, but addressed your post to me. I am not the only person on this board with knowledge of these matters!

You tell us you are Indian, but your husband is from where? Also, assuming he is also non-EEA, before coming to the UK did either of you work in another country, apart from that of your nationality? If yes, details please.
John

hiramit
Newly Registered

Post by hiramit » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:11 pm

John wrote:hiramit, you have posted openly, but addressed your post to me. I am not the only person on this board with knowledge of these matters!

You tell us you are Indian, but your husband is from where? Also, assuming he is also non-EEA, before coming to the UK did either of you work in another country, apart from that of your nationality? If yes, details please.
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply.we are both indian nationals and still claiming child benefit and we have never worked in any other country apart frm india,In Uk I am a student currently working 16 hrs p/w and my husband is working F/T as a student dependent.

John

Post by John » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:47 pm

we are both indian nationals and still claiming child benefit and we have never worked in any other country apart frm india,In Uk I am a student currently working 16 hrs p/w and my husband is working F/T as a student dependent.
That being the case you have no entitlement to claim. Withdraw your claim without delay.
John

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 am

hiramit wrote:
John wrote: my husband is working F/T as a student dependent.
Are you sure that your husband can work F/T ? I thought there is restriction of 20 Hr per weak for dependents of Student Visa ?

John

Post by John » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 am

I thought there is restriction of 20 Hr per week for dependents of Student Visa ?
There is no such restriction.
John

San_798
Newly Registered

Benefiys question

Post by San_798 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi Mod,

I know I will qualify for benefit once I will get ILR.

Can you kindly advise me if I say No on the forms where a question asking if you ceased to be subject to immigration control within the previous 3 months?

What is the implication of doing above?

Regards
Sanuels

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Can you kindly advise me if I say No on the forms where a question asking if you ceased to be subject to immigration control within the previous 3 months?
If you apply at least 3 months after getting the ILR, well "No" would be the correct answer.

But if you apply within 3 months of getting your ILR, clearly the correct answer to that question is "Yes". You need to answer that question accurately.

Why do they ask that question? Because ordinarily a claim might be backdated by up to 3 months, but it cannot be backdated back more than the ILR date, hence the question. So if you answer "No" when the correct answer is "Yes", the only expression I can think of is .... benefit fraud ... not a good idea. :(
John

Gerry2011

Post by Gerry2011 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 am

Hiramit,

Any progress on your ILR application?

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 am

Gerry2011 wrote:Hiramit,

Any progress on your ILR application?

she got it