ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1(G) to T2 (work permit)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

omar78
Newly Registered

T1(G) to T2 (work permit)

Post by omar78 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm

hi
Is it possible to switch from T1(G) to T2 (work permit)?
i am now t1 gen for two years,i wud like to switch my visa with my company work permit visa T2 what makes my stay in uk more than 10 years.shall i be qualify for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)??
thanks

reachren
Newly Registered

Post by reachren » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 am

T1(G) to T2 (work permit) should not be a problem.

Logically and practically it is safe to extend T1(G) than switching to T2 unless and untill you dont qualify for extension of T1(G).
If you are planning to save some money by letting your company to file you T2 then that could be an expensive mistake which you may regret later as rules are changing now and then and also you wont have the flexibility to work for more than one employer.
But give more more information to evaluate your present situation, so that experts here can help you out.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:17 pm

no one knows what rules would be like when you come round to apply for ILR in xyz years!

Tier 1 owns Tier 2 general in EVERY respect so try to get an extension (if possible) to remain on Tier 1 General.

I am not up to date with all the rules related to Tier 1 General as its effectively closed for new applicants but it could still be open for those who are currently under tier 1 general. Please do your own research