ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-ILR Salary duration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nasira123
Newly Registered

Urgent-ILR Salary duration

Post by Nasira123 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 am

Hell Guys,
I am applying today for ILR for duration - Mar-10
to Feb-11.

We are already in June, but still June Pay slip is not received (if i receive June Pay slip than above period will be more than 16 months)- Is i Qualify for last 15 months category with above duration.

and i applying for above duration because, in this period my Salary is Equal/Greater than Previous Tier 1 visa extension salary.

any suggestion please.Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Urgent-ILR Salary duration

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Nasira123 wrote:and i applying for above duration because, in this period my Salary is Equal/Greater than Previous Tier 1 visa extension salary.
Your income doesn't need to be equal or higher than what you claimed in your previous immigration application. What is relevant is that you score the minimum points to be eligible for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Nasira123
Newly Registered

Post by Nasira123 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks sushdmehta, but my application was not considered because my income was £400 was less than previous Tier 1 extension even though i had same salary category (Same points).

So now i am reworking to towards it.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 pm

In such case, you were given the wrong advice.

There is no requirement that one's income at the time of settlement must be equal / greater than what is was at the time of previous (extension) application (245CD(d) and 245CD(g)).

Just another example of the incompetency of UKBA staff.

Nasira123
Newly Registered

Post by Nasira123 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:21 am

Thank you sushdmehta and i booked an appointment next day with Different salary duration, in which i had some OT payments, Luckily My salary was just above my previous extension.

And I got ILR Approved.

CullenD
Newly Registered

Post by CullenD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Nasira123 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta, but my application was not considered because my income was £400 was less than previous Tier 1 extension even though i had same salary category (Same points).

So now i am reworking to towards it.
Hi Nasira - I am very curious to know who told you that your "application was not considered", as I fully agree with what sushdmehta says.

Was this a response from an actual application you made, or a reply to an email enquiry (if so, could you copy & paste the email here), or other?

Thanks

vijay13
Newly Registered

Salary for ILR

Post by vijay13 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Cheers
Last edited by vijay13 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vijay13
Newly Registered

Salary for ILR

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 am

HHi guys,

could you please clarify if we need to be earning higher salary than the previous extension or we need to be in the same band or have the same points???

Please someone reply
Cheers
sushdmehta wrote:In such case, you were given the wrong advice.

There is no requirement that one's income at the time of settlement must be equal / greater than what is was at the time of previous (extension) application (245CD(d) and 245CD(g)).

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 pm

As sushdmehta said this would be unlawful rejection if that is indeed the case which I doubt. I don't really buy that UKBA refused Nasira123's application because his salary was not more than what it was during extension and than asked him to come back with £400 extra!!!!! just does'nt add up. This is probably one of those rumours which someone took it as a fact and posted it here. If for argument sake what Nasira123 said is actually true than hey UKBA staff are also humans and they most definitely made a mistake.

If ever in doubt go straight to the source i.e. UKBA's website and there is no such requirement. The only requirement is to meet the minimum points again!

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Nasira 123 when you applied for extention how many points did you claim? was it the minimum 75 points? or did you score more than 75? Because if you were only able to claim 75 points on extension than it makes sense. If your salary had gone down than that would mean that you were not scoring the minimum 75 points required for ILR which would explain why they asked you to make up for the earning in order to meet the minimum criteria?

geriatrix

Re: Salary for ILR

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:08 pm

vijay13 wrote:HHi guys,

could you please clarify if we need to be earning higher salary than the previous extension or we need to be in the same band or have the same points???

Please someone reply
Cheers
sushdmehta wrote:In such case, you were given the wrong advice.

IMHO the statement is self-explanatory.