ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application at PEO - Self or Solicitor ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suresh.kumar
Newly Registered

ILR Application at PEO - Self or Solicitor ?

Post by suresh.kumar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Friends ,

I'm planning to apply for ILR at PEO under HSMP JR (April 2006 - November 2006 )

I'm keen to know if it would be better to apply by myself or send a representation through an immigration solicitor .

Some suggested that going by self will give an oppurtunity for us to clarify if the case worker needs any clarification .

Some suggest that sending it through solicitor would be better .Case worker ring the solicitor if they need any calrifications .

Experinced and Senior guys , Please advise .

I know there is no straight answer but i would like to know openions of all members of the group .

Please take couple of mins and express your openions

Thanks in Advance,
Suresh

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:32 pm

No comments on whether you need to use a solicitor or not, but my opinion which one to use (if you do decide to use one).

If you have any dependant(s) in UK then ask him / her one question - "Are my dependants eligible for settlement at the same time?". If the answer he/she gives you is "no", then look for another solicitor!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No comments on whether you need to use a solicitor or not, but my opinion which one to use (if you do decide to use one).

If you have any dependant(s) in UK then ask him / her one question - "Are my dependants eligible for settlement at the same time?". If the answer he/she gives you is "no", then look for another solicitor!
Sush Great advice. Many solicitors/representative are not that conversant with the intricate details of JR cases. A good check.

suresh.kumar
Newly Registered

Post by suresh.kumar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No comments on whether you need to use a solicitor or not, but my opinion which one to use (if you do decide to use one).

Thanks sushdmehta . I know a solicitor who is very efficient and he mentioned that Dependants are eligible to apply along with me irrespective of their time in the UK . I'm keen to know openions about if using a solicitor is
1 .'better'

or

2. 'Does not make any difference'

or

3. ' causes unnecessary complications'

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

If you have a straightforward case and all required evidence, then this process is just about filling a form and getting it done - there is nothing more a solicitor can do to increase your chances of being successful

If, however, you have a complicated case, missing documentation or have troubles filling the form and not sure what to do or just feel a lot more confident having a helping hand and legal advice, then go through a solicitor.

All the best
KP