ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR delays (Croydon)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

ILR delays (Croydon)

Post by ReallyFedup » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 am

Hi,
Does anyone know the most likely reason for ILR delays over the last few days in Croydon (Premium Service)?

Has anyone had the same problem recently?

I keep hearing they are a bit short of staff.

Thanks for you help in advance

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:37 pm

What delays?

Forum members posted success stories from 16 & 17 of June.

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Sorry forgot to say congratulations for successfull apps

Post by ReallyFedup » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I am paying for premium service through a solicitor, and he says there has been delays last week, hence I am still waiting for my approval.

Could this mean something else ?

sedor21

ILR DELAY

Post by sedor21 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:12 pm

How do u apply for the preminm service through your solicitor if i may ask pls

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Post by ReallyFedup » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 pm

The solicitor's company will have slots with the Home Office every week for same day service, so you will just have to pay them the premium fee so that they can pay the home office. The solicitor's fees are separate.

Hope that helps

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:14 am

Yes, there are delays, but cases on the day are reviewed and closed on the day even if it means waiting an hour or more from your actual appointment....I havent heard of cases where they accept an application and tell you to come back in a few days, so its questionable really.
The only time there is a substantial delay is when the case is not clear cut and has to be referred wherein it gets treated as a postal application.

So if you are paying for a premium application it should get sorted on the day else they will clearly say they cannot pass judgement and refer it for further analysis....it's best to ask your lawyer the specifics of the delay....if your case if clear cut then there is no reason for Croydon to delay it...and if they do delay, they provide a clear reason why it is so...and they dont delay it because they are understaffed.......

KP

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Post by ReallyFedup » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks KP
My case is definately clear.

The thing on HO office web site they do mention delays for technical reasons, and that they will deal with it in the next 24 hours or "very shortly after", really they don't specify what very shortly after means.

I think I will have to speak to my solicitor and try to get him to explain further, otherwise I am not having any of it, it will be straight to a lawyer I am afraid, I am just not in the mood for mind games.

Thanks again.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Agreed, there have been cases of 'technical faults' that have resulted in delays....a few success stories on this forum have detailed delays of 3 to 4 hours due to technical problems.
So a 24 hours delay is very likely but yes, chase your lawyer because you are paying a hefty sum for the benefits that a solicitor brings to the table.

Best wishes
KP

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Success Story

Post by ReallyFedup » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 am

I got my ILR today!
What a relief, I was worried my application would drop into being a postal application.
Delay was two days exactly because of shortage of staff.
Thanks everyone for your advice and good luck for those waiting.

rakhi117
Newly Registered

Re: Success Story

Post by rakhi117 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

ReallyFedup wrote:I got my ILR today!
What a relief, I was worried my application would drop into being a postal application.
Delay was two days exactly because of shortage of staff.
Thanks everyone for your advice and good luck for those waiting.
Hi I have also applied for ILR thorugh a solicitor and hoping for the best. The more delay the more worries..Please can i ask you the exact date when you have applied for ILR and the date of your approval?