ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Counsular Help for British citizen in India with OCI visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Counsular Help for British citizen in India with OCI visa

Post by ariesnr » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 am

Hi,

I understand people with dual citizenship ie british and for example american.Then you wont get british consular help while in the USA.But what happens to people with OCI visa/card while in india.

As we known OCI is not dual citizenship as per indian govt..

cheers

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 pm

As india does not permit dual citizenship you are British - I presume you are - and the OCI is just a visa

What sort of help do you need or is this hypothetical
pennyless

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:As india does not permit dual citizenship you are British - I presume you are - and the OCI is just a visa

What sort of help do you need or is this hypothetical
OCI is basically a visa waiver. I have spoken to a few colleagues of mine at FCO consular section and they have clarified this. If you like to personally speak to them or want in writing on an email, send FCO an email and they will respond

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 am

You are a "British citizen", and therefore entitled to whatever consular assistance British Govt. offers to British citizens in India.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!