ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ibtechie
Newly Registered

Confusion regarding Ceremony

Post by ibtechie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

I received my approval on 24th July but since then i am going in circles. I called my council (i have to leave a message and they call me in 48 hours) several times but i am yet to receive invitation letter. Few questions:

1. Who sends this ceremony invitation letter (home office or council)? Does this letter confirms date when ceremony will take place.
2. Can i attend the ceremony without letter from the council (i have been provided the ceremony date and time by council).

Any insight would help.Thanks.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 pm

If you applied via NCS: UKBA should have senT a letter of approval and invitation, council will fix a time and place
If you applied by post: You should get an approval letter from UKBA first and some days later an invitation letter. You then call the council for the ceremony.
When you go to the ceremony they require to see the original invitation letter as they need the numbers on it. If havent got it yet, call UKBA.

giz

Post by giz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 am

gidoc,
Does this mean that if you apply through NCS the local council in question receive your BC certificate first and then contact you to arrange a ceremony?
Regards,
Giz

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Does this mean that if you apply through NCS the local council in question receive your BC certificate first and then contact you to arrange a ceremony?
The council will get your certificate just before you get your letter of approval from UKBA. This letter tells you to call the council to book a ceremony.

giz

Post by giz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 am

Thanks gidoc......that makes a lot of sense

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am

Any luck?
Am in the greenwich council too...I guess with all the regeneration that's on going there could be some delays in response times.

Best wishes

ibtechie
Newly Registered

Post by ibtechie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 am

One of the forum members who is also in greenwich council suggested that i walk in to book an appointment. My wife will be doing this today..In the meantime i am still waiting for council to call me :(

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 am

Also Greenwich don't do the NCS.
Hopefully there isn't a long wait to get this sorted for you, keep us updated

Best Wishes

ibtechie
Newly Registered

Post by ibtechie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 pm

My wife walked in today to the registration office and got the appointment for 19th July. I hope all goes well now..

John

Post by John » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:35 pm

ibtechie, very soon you will be British and then entitled to go on to the Electoral Register! No doubt you will remember how you have been treated when you come to vote in the next Council election. :twisted:
John

ibtechie
Newly Registered

Post by ibtechie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:26 pm

trust me i havent come across this kind of service before. You cant speak to someone, you have to leave a voice message and someone will contact you within 48 hours (this doesnt happen).

When i was booking appointment for NCS, i called NCS couple of times to book appointment and they didnt call me back. Finally i called southwark council out of frustation and they were able to book an appointment for in few mins.