ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel with Paper RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

biza
Newly Registered

Can I travel with Paper RC

Post by biza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

I called my passport back after sending in my application and the letter that cane back with it stated that the case worker will contact me to return my passport when needed.

But i heard nothing back, instead after 6 months, i recieved a paper RC (RC was issued on a sheet of paper) from UKBA. My question is CAN I TRAVEL TO PLACES LIKe AFRICA WITH THIs???
Can I even travel anywhere with this.. I dobt what to go out and get stuck

Can people with experience on this advise please

I am planning to travel to Africa to visit my mum and I am getting worried now.

Many thanks
Biza

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

yes you need to travel with the residence card and your passport.

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Greenie wrote:yes you need to travel with the residence card and your passport.
Many thank for your kind response.
Strangely, I just spoke to UKBA help line and they said I cannot travel with the paper copy. That it has to be in my passport.

My worry is going to Africa is not a problem as I am going to my country. The problem is coming back.. I dont want to get stucked at the airport with the airline refusing to take me onboard.

The RC has got my photo on it and type is residence card of an eea member.

I am really confused.

Your advise will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 am

biza wrote:
Greenie wrote:yes you need to travel with the residence card and your passport.
Many thank for your kind response.
Strangely, I just spoke to UKBA help line and they said I cannot travel with the paper copy. That it has to be in my passport.

My worry is going to Africa is not a problem as I am going to my country. The problem is coming back.. I dont want to get stucked at the airport with the airline refusing to take me onboard.

The RC has got my photo on it and type is residence card of an eea member.

I am really confused.

Your advise will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
as long as you have RC you will be fine... you might be stopped by the airline's crew but you have a LEGAL DOCUMENT and you will be fine.... Make sure you have pay slips/p60 ni number photocopies of your spouse exercising the treaties and also your marrige certificate etc