ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR- Moderators or Senior members help needed!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hellog123

SAR- Moderators or Senior members help needed!

Post by hellog123 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:04 am

I applied for ILR in the 2nd week of may through postal application. On the 3rd week of may i applied for SAR .
As of now the ILR application is still pending. But i received all the SAR details today. It had every minute details of my previous Leave to Remain and it also said I applied for ILR on XYZ date. The details for ILR case section in SAR is as follows:
ILR- Fees cleared 972 £

Target date- 04-07-2011

My question here is that what the target date means. Is that the date until which the case decision should be made at any cost or is it just their tentative target according to workload to process the application.
Is it possible that target date has some other meaning.
Please a reply is awaited from an experienced member or moderators as i am anxious about my ILR postal application which is still pending.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:34 am

Why did you request your SAR when your ilr application was under consideration? Your ilr application will have been put on hold as the data protection unit will have requested your file from the case working team.

4th July was probably their initial target date to make a decision which has now been held up by your SAR request as they have target dates to comply with these requests which override other targets.

hellog123

Post by hellog123 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 am

I applied for SAR request as i forgot to take the photocopy of original and LTR approval letter for my reference when I sent the originals in post for ILR.
Just to be on the safe side, I requested SAR.

Could u put some more light on this following line :
'4th July was probably their initial target date to make a decision which has now been held up by your SAR request as they have target dates to comply with these requests which override other targets.'

I believe that the database is centralised and even if its not then how can the DPU's request influence the processing duration of my case. Its just a completely different request.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:43 am

hellog123 wrote:I applied for SAR request as i forgot to take the photocopy of original and LTR approval letter for my reference when I sent the originals in post for ILR.
Just to be on the safe side, I requested SAR.

Could u put some more light on this following line :
'4th July was probably their initial target date to make a decision which has now been held up by your SAR request as they have target dates to comply with these requests which override other targets.'

I believe that the database is centralised and even if its not then how can the DPU's request influence the processing duration of my case. Its just a completely different request.
in order to comply with your SAR request the data protection unit has to request your paper file as well as access data from centralized records. If you paper file is with a case working team then they request it from them and the case working team is unable to make a decision until they have the paper file back. Your application and SAR request are separate but SAR requests do interfere with casework if the paper file is required. You'll just have to wait now.

hellog123

Post by hellog123 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:02 pm

thnx for ur help. Much appreciated!