ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interactive FLR form for in-person application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gnpg

Interactive FLR form for in-person application?

Post by gnpg » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Can one fill out the interactive FLR form and pay online for the premium service? Or Do I have to fill out the paper form and take it with me to the office?
For forms applied in person it says I can get my biometrics enroled on the day of applying, but does that apply for all £850 in-person applications or ONLY for super-premium applications (at a ridiculour £6000???)?

Also, I am South Korean citizen but have got a high school & BA degree from the USA. I have got my diploma, letter of completion of degree, and my final grades transcript (all originals).
I also have a MA from a UK institution in London, have my original diploma etc, have been on PSW for two years now.
- so do I still need a UK NARIC certificate saying that my courses were taught in English?

Thank you!

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi,
My wife just got her FLR(M) approval today. She had applied for a premium service.
The interactive FLR form is perfectly safe and easy to use. ALso, make sure you pay online - this will save you a lot of time when you got to the PEO.
Your biometrics will be done on the same day - before your application can be considered - on £850 applications. £850 is for premium service and I guess the ridiculous super premium service is for people(super rich or super lazy) who dont want to go to PEO and want to give their biometrics at home .

It will be great if you Bachelors degree is on the UKBA points based assessment system. Just check on UKBA points calculator and make sure that you degree when selected, gets 30 points. That will prove that your degree was taught in English.
But Im not sure about how UKBA would treat Masters degree from UK :(.
Any experts in this forum can throw some light.

gnpg

Post by gnpg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 pm

harsha7kp wrote:Hi,
My wife just got her FLR(M) approval today. She had applied for a premium service.
The interactive FLR form is perfectly safe and easy to use. ALso, make sure you pay online - this will save you a lot of time when you got to the PEO.
Your biometrics will be done on the same day - before your application can be considered - on £850 applications. £850 is for premium service and I guess the ridiculous super premium service is for people(super rich or super lazy) who dont want to go to PEO and want to give their biometrics at home .

It will be great if you Bachelors degree is on the UKBA points based assessment system. Just check on UKBA points calculator and make sure that you degree when selected, gets 30 points. That will prove that your degree was taught in English.
But Im not sure about how UKBA would treat Masters degree from UK :(.
Any experts in this forum can throw some light.
That's great! I think my degree from the US will be fine.
I just want to make clear, she filled the form online, paid online, then made an appointment to go to the office? That would be so much easier.

Thank you!

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: Interactive FLR form for in-person application?

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

gnpg wrote:Can one fill out the interactive FLR form and pay online for the premium service? Or Do I have to fill out the paper form and take it with me to the office?
For forms applied in person it says I can get my biometrics enroled on the day of applying, but does that apply for all £850 in-person applications or ONLY for super-premium applications (at a ridiculour £6000???)?

Also, I am South Korean citizen but have got a high school & BA degree from the USA. I have got my diploma, letter of completion of degree, and my final grades transcript (all originals).
I also have a MA from a UK institution in London, have my original diploma etc, have been on PSW for two years now.
- so do I still need a UK NARIC certificate saying that my courses were taught in English?

Thank you!
interactive FLR form ? I can not find this form..I simply get form to download and then filled it..there is no interactive FLR form .
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

gnpg

Re: Interactive FLR form for in-person application?

Post by gnpg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
gnpg wrote:Can one fill out the interactive FLR form and pay online for the premium service? Or Do I have to fill out the paper form and take it with me to the office?

Thank you!
interactive FLR form ? I can not find this form..I simply get form to download and then filled it..there is no interactive FLR form .
oh right, well it is available online and I downloaded both interactive & printable forms. The interactive one is what I was talking about, it lets you type answers and submits online, and also taking payments online.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 am

interactive=the digital form.

If you have things you want to address though, it's better to download the form and write things in. The digital form doesn't let you input 'irrelevant' information.

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 am

Hi,

Yes, my wife did use the interactive form. Its very easy and convenient.
But once you upload the form, you cannot make any modifications. So make sure you have got everything when you upload the form. As soon as you upload the form, the system will ask for the payment to be made.Its safe to make payments online and guess what, it saves a lot of time at the PEO office.
Once you have paid online, go to the home office appointment booking system and book an appointment against your full name and choose FLR(M) or any other application type as the appointment type. But make sure you have a gap of atleast 3 days from the day you pay online and the date of your appointment. This is because soemtimes the debit/credit card payment may take atleast 2 days to reflect on the HO systems.

Hope that clarifies. Also, your spouse/partner has to accompany you to the PEO office on the day of your appointment, if you are applying on FLR(M) dependent visa. It will be much faster process if you carry your spouse passport as well, on the day of the appointment.
Do let me know if you require anything else.