ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

usa tourist visa b2

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooldude143

usa tourist visa b2

Post by cooldude143 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

I am working in uk on tier-2 intra company transfer. I am looking to go to USA for a weekend trip (California) . I have been living in uk since jan 2011 and been here before in 2006,2007 and 2009. Also travelled switzerland as tourist in 2007.
I have applied usa h1b on 2008 after the interview have been asked to submit additional documents from employer sponsoring the visa.But i couldn't submitted the documents and the petition might be expired by now.
So will it be a problem for myself applying tourist visa? how much money i should show for visa applications.
right now am staying in a shared accommodation, so don't have rental agreement on my name.
thanks in advance.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: usa tourist visa b2

Post by f2k » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

cooldude143 wrote:I am working in uk on tier-2 intra company transfer. I am looking to go to USA for a weekend trip (California) . I have been living in uk since jan 2011 and been here before in 2006,2007 and 2009. Also travelled switzerland as tourist in 2007.
I have applied usa h1b on 2008 after the interview have been asked to submit additional documents from employer sponsoring the visa.But i couldn't submitted the documents and the petition might be expired by now.
So will it be a problem for myself applying tourist visa? how much money i should show for visa applications.
right now am staying in a shared accommodation, so don't have rental agreement on my name.
thanks in advance.
i dont think you have a good case for a number of reasons. You have tried to go to US before on a long term visa, you have not been in UK for a long term and currently no ties in UK and you are on short term visa.