ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does my child need to leave India?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tpavan
Newly Registered

What does my child need to leave India?

Post by tpavan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Hello,

I have probably spent a few days browsing everywhere but couldn't find enough help. I am expecting someone here would kindly help me.

I am a British citizen by naturalisation. My wife is a PR holder and is an Indian passport holder and went to India for delivery to be with her family. My son born in India in February finally got his British Passport last week along with a letter advising us to register with the local authorities.

Now, she's booked her ticket to come back with my child in a few weeks and now I am worried about this registering thing. Does my child need any sort of registration with the Indian authorities or exit permit to leave India? Will he be required to show anything of this sort at the departure airport? Kindly help.

Regards,
Pav

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 am

You have to apply for a visa in India for your child. Since he is British by birth he should have a visa during departure from India. Regional FRRO will be able to provide with more info. I think they provide exit permit and a time limit within which to leave India. I am not sure. What I am sure about is that you need to have a visa if the child intend to stay in India for a while.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 am

Go to Foreigners registration office where she lives and ask for an exit stamp take ticket and also written permission from you that you are happy for wife to leave India with child . That should be enough but as we all things Indian there may be another hoop to jump through. Do not try to leave without going to the office .
pennyless