ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact Of Swedish PR On Naturalization Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

koira
Newly Registered

Impact Of Swedish PR On Naturalization Application

Post by koira » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi, I have got Swedish permanent residence stamped on my passport. The PR is still valid as I visited Sweden for 3 days little under 2 years ago and am planning to visit again for few days at the end of this month for my holidays. I wonder whether this can have any impact on my naturalization application in any way? I am going to make the naturalization application a few weeks after I'll have come back from Sweden. Please help.

Thanks

John

Post by John » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 am

The Swedish PR will have no impact upon an application for Naturalisation in the UK.
John

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: Impact Of Swedish PR On Naturalization Application

Post by Christophe » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:53 pm

koira wrote:Hi, I have got Swedish permanent residence stamped on my passport. The PR is still valid as I visited Sweden for 3 days little under 2 years ago and am planning to visit again for few days at the end of this month for my holidays. I wonder whether this can have any impact on my naturalization application in any way? I am going to make the naturalization application a few weeks after I'll have come back from Sweden. Please help.

Thanks
No impact — the Home Office is not interested in your immigration status in other countries. The important thing (in this regard) is that you fulfil the residence criteria in the UK. So don't worry about it.