ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed please advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iqkhanuk

Urgent help needed please advice

Post by iqkhanuk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am

Dear All

I have TIER 1 General till 12 2012 . I visited UK in 2010 but unable to find a job and i found a job in middle east . I am planning to come to UK on permanent basis as the condition in engineering are very good at the moment . I will come in sep 2011 and i will need extension after 12-2012
Do I need to show for extension the continous 12 month on job earning period as it will take some time to get the job .

please help and advice

thanks

ikhan

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 am

You don't need to show continuous employment, however, you do need to reach the earnings criteria regardless of how long you have worked there. And it's based on actual earnings (money you received), not your salary. So if you have a job at £48 000 per year, but you only worked there for 10 months before applying for extension, you can only claim £40 000.

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Agreed with mulderpf.

Also, you don't have to be in full time employment. Income from self-employment is also acceptable for extention purpose.