ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SOC confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hdravid
Newly Registered

ILR SOC confusion

Post by hdravid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I'll be applying for ILR in person this Aug mid. Am on a 5 work permit, and been with the same employer since the start.
I have a bit of a confusion regarding the SOC code for my job title, and the corresponding salary that I should be earning. Could someone help me please?

1) Firstly, what exactly does SOC stand for? Is it short for "shortage occupation code" ?

2) I work as an Animator in the video game industry, and I can see my job title on this 'Shortage Occupation List' document. (3434)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... onlist.pdf
But unfortunately, I could not find anywhere on that page what an Animator should be paid. So what should be mentioned in the employer letter regarding salary ?

Many thanks for your help...

H Dravid

hdravid
Newly Registered

Post by hdravid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Alrite, I know what SOC stands for ... silly me, Standard Occupational Classification which is mentionted in the same document that I was talking of in my first post.

But for my second question, can anyone advice please?

Thanks

umb

Post by umb » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 pm

hdravid wrote:Alrite, I know what SOC stands for ... silly me, Standard Occupational Classification which is mentionted in the same document that I was talking of in my first post.

But for my second question, can anyone advice please?

Thanks
Hi,

You can find the details for your job here. Just search for it in the document. :)

Thanks

hdravid
Newly Registered

Post by hdravid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks a lot mate ... found it :)