ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR date for EEA people: count from landing or from 1st job?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apriliapegaso28

PR date for EEA people: count from landing or from 1st job?

Post by apriliapegaso28 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm

As an EEA citizen, a little bit confused about field 1.3 of the AN form (when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain).

Basically I came to the UK 6 years ago and spent the 3 first months looking for work (not registered anywhere, I just came and started looking).

As such, which date should I enter here?
* 5 years after the date when I landed?
* 5 years after I got my 1st job?

It's not a big difference but I don't want to enter the wrong date and have the application rejected 'cos it was not accurate...
Anyone has asked about this?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Legally, it's 5 years after you landed as in the first 90 days you are allowed to do whatever you want.
To be on the safe side and make it easier for the HO (and if you don't mind to wait those 3 months), I would put the later date i.e. the 5 years after 1st job, as it is easier for you to provide proof of.

ngueda2009

Re: PR date for EEA people: count from landing or from 1st j

Post by ngueda2009 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

* 5 years after I got my 1st job

is the answer of your question

apriliapegaso28

Post by apriliapegaso28 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks guys,

I had initially entered from date of landing but I don't mind changing it so it matches day of 1st job. As you said, HO could see things matching more that way...

Cheers