ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange ( wife naturalization )

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helloimran

Strange ( wife naturalization )

Post by helloimran » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:34 pm

First of all i would like to thanks all my respected members to help me in my wife ILR application.
We had same day appointment for my wife's ILR at croydon office on 11/08/11 and she has been granted ILR on that day.

Now i need your support for her Naturalization.

I have been granted ILR on 10 years long resident basis in march/2011,alongside with my application i submitted FRL(M) for my wife and she got two year spouse visa.
She has been here in UK on Tier 1 General dependent visa since October/2008 at the time when we applied her spouse visa in march/2011,and she got ILR in August/2011 on the basis of me (husband have ILR) because she has completed two years in combination of Tier 1 General dependent visa and spouse visa.

Can she apply Naturalization on the basis of following!

She got ILR as husband is settled here in UK and she has completed the residency period of three years in UK???

Waiting for your kindly reply.

Thanks
IMRAN...

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:55 pm

U can get ur Citizenship and once u receive ur naturalisation certificate, u apply for ur wives citizenship. That's what I am doing

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Can i apply my wife Naturalization with my application next year march/2012?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 am

Looking at ur timelines, I don't think u can. ur wife came in 2008. U can apply for ur BC and then she can apply as a spouse of British National

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 am

vipul1981 wrote:Looking at ur timelines, I don't think u can. ur wife came in 2008. U can apply for ur BC and then she can apply as a spouse of British National
Yes Vipul is right. First you get your BC then she can apply on the basis of spouse of BC.

Alternative case, she need to complete 5 years to apply for BC on her own basis.

Good Luck.