ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO ILR application is not clear on same day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niravm

PEO ILR application is not clear on same day

Post by niravm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi, I have apply ILR at PEO today
and I received letter saying we have received your application and which is valid but need further inquiry for your application.

I don't know what's wrong.
I have applied under 5 years wp same company
salary match with new standards.
No any cases..
it is very simple and forward case but I don't know why they haven't approved and issued ILR?
Does any one have same problem?
Or any one who pass through this scene any idea how many days now it takes?

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 pm

any one got any information regarding this.

what list of document did you submit at the PEO? from my point of view it's now postal application.

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 pm

its same day application
all docs are upto dates

my wp
5 yrs salary slips + P60
employee letter
council + Bills
life in uk test
bank statements
photo graphs
all necessary documents submitted

i dont know whats wrong ? Why the kept the application with them?

jimmylau8080

Post by jimmylau8080 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Any idea which office you going? and what time is your appointment on that day?

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:38 am

Another member has also reported similar story. His appointment was at Croydon PEO at 9.30 AM on the same day - 16 Aug

I think this may be due to some administrative reasons and nothing to do with further checks on your application. They have merely used template letters to inform you. Hopefully you would get ILR within 10 days.

Post complete details of your happenings at PEO on that day so that any other aspect may be visualized.
Last edited by jami on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

niravm

Post by niravm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 am

I have visited croydon office yesterday on same day application they kept my file for further inquiry.
I dont know how much time it will take?
Any Idea? appx ?

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:36 am

Narrate your inter action and discussion with case worker on that day

niravm

Post by niravm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 am

I have submitted my files they check everything is ok ? they took my file see all documents and they are happy and told to wait for outcome.

After waiting for 4 hrs they gave me letter saying that we have received your application. Your application is valid. But we have to made further inquiry and inquiry department separately do the inquiry.
You can see the application process time on website (www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk)
and about avoiding travelling arrangement.

I have asked them about inquiry they said they have pass my file to further inquiry and you have to wait of the outcome.

No specific time frame given.
That's really worried thing, I pay £1350 + spent full day there and still have to wait..

can any one has similar experience whose visa is not approved on same day ? and approx how many days they take in normal straight forward case?

niravm

Post by niravm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm

jami can you tell who has same problem? and what is his status? Do you have any updates? Does he get his passport back?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:09 pm

niravm wrote:That's really worried thing, I pay £1350 + spent full day there and still have to wait..

can any one has similar experience whose visa is not approved on same day ? and approx how many days they take in normal straight forward case?
Fee u paid doesnt matter. If they are not satisfied with the case, then they can talk however long they want to finalise ur application. It is effectively a postal application and as per UKBA website they deal with 90% applications within 6 months. Hopefully it wont be that long for u.

No one can tell u why it has been delayed, as we dont know ur case details. ur documents submitted look ok.

abbi123

Post by abbi123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 pm

I think there was technical problem with Croydon Office
since one of my friend had applied for HSMP extention on monday they said every thing OK and wait for some time to take passport but after waiting for some time they said him their bio metric has some technical problem so come tomorrow and collect your passports

looks like your delays are also linked to the similar type of issues

this is just my guess and i wish good luck for your ILR and wish there wont be any problem

niravm

Post by niravm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Is any one or who know some one who applied at PEO on 16th for ILR and facing same problem?

If it is routine delay how many days it will take to clear the file?

garryinc
Newly Registered

Post by garryinc » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:42 am

same has happened with me i applied same day, on 5th july and still waiting. Dont know whats happening with my application. they did not give any letter or receipt and just said it will take 2-3 weeks but i am now 7 weeks in the waiting game. any way to chase the file.

niravm

Post by niravm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 am

After paying premium fees, we have least right to know appx. when we will get passport back.

garryinc
Newly Registered

Post by garryinc » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi all i have been waiting for 8 weeks now for any kinda response. Applied same day service, all docs were ok , said will send for further enquiry, no information so far :x please keep on posting about the time scales after application is held on premium service.

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 am

Moderator or any senior member knows from past experience or any one who faced similar problem, Approximately How many days Home office will take for ILR further inquiry process in PEO ILR case?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 am

niravm wrote:Moderator or any senior member knows from past experience or any one who faced similar problem, Approximately How many days Home office will take for ILR further inquiry process in PEO ILR case?
Unfortunately no one can tell you how long will it be? it depends on the nature of the query. UKBA do often claim to process over 90% of applications within 6 months, but there is no limit on how long can they take to review one's application. hopefully it will be sooner for you!

garryinc
Newly Registered

Post by garryinc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm

:idea: :idea: hi every one, i have seen that most of us here are waiting for the same problem , application being held at PEO. can we see if there is any kinda similarity in our applications , mine was workpermit, and they did not have any code of practice for my post (designation), and i have heard that they were waiting for a new guidence to be released which is not out saying if no code of practice availabe then salary on WP or nat min wage will take u through, and now based on the guidence they will take the decesion ,but lets find out if only similar kinda cases are being held. if any one under same situation like me then read from page 90-93 of the following link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi, in my case I am getting more salary then COP of my work permit. so That is not an issue for me still they hold my application. I am under old work pemit working from 5 yrs same employer.

garryinc
Newly Registered

Post by garryinc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

actually i am also under old WP worked for same employer throughout and being paid more than WP so as per new guidence i can be seen to meet the criteria but similarity is OLD WP , I have seen many of my frens on old WP suffering from this waiting , i think they are delebratly targeting WP holders. Can few more wp holders stamp on it.

niravm

Post by niravm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

Hi garryinc, please update me once you get your passport back, I will do the same.
Our cases are not complex at all still we have to unnecessarily wait and they are not giving any information when you call them.

stephno
Newly Registered

Post by stephno » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 pm

My ILR was refused at PEO appt (applied after 5 years on WP). They told us at the time it was because my salary did not meet the limit (I was working part time, having returned from mat leave - which I stupidly thought was ok). They said I never should have worked part time, and failed to inform them, and my employer (NHS hospital) should have also informed them. They told us it would be 3-4 weeks before we would get formal refusal and return of documents. We sought legal advice and there wasn't anything we could do except apply for a new WP (tier 2) and go back to work full time - possibly for another 5 years. This wasn't an option for us.

We gave notice on our house, resigned from jobs, organised shipping to go home. After 5 weeks of no news I contacted our MP saying we paid for premium service, realise we have no case, have packed up, want our passports back (but if we demanded them back we would have been serious overstayers) and just want an answer. A week later I had phone call to go and collect passports as ILR had been granted. I don't even know why they changed their minds.

I really don't understand why they didn't tell you what the problem was. My only advice is to try contacting your MP and ask them to make an enquiry for you. We didn't ask for any special treatment - just wanted to know when they would make the decision as the phone enquiry line won't give any info until 14 weeks. MPs are supposed to be there to help when you are getting an unreasonable response from a government department and they were very helpful with ours. I don't know if it helped that our MP is conservative and used to be the shadow minister of home affairs. But really they all should have connections to get info out of a gvt department. Hope that helps.

garryinc
Newly Registered

Post by garryinc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 am

Hi stephno thanks very much for your advice. I did as u say and they helped me through , and got my passport back today with positive result. here are my time scales

applied 5th july 2011 at PEO shefield no solicitor

Asked to wait 2-3 weeks, actually waited 8 weeks,

Got ILR on 26th august

received 27th august 2011 next day delivery.

I heartly thanks every one in this forum, i use to check it every day. and please contact me if i can be of any help to anyone.

cheers my dears
thanks

niravm

Post by niravm » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Good news and congrats Garry.
Have you wrote letter to your mp? if yes, can you send me template plz.

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm

niravm wrote:Good news and congrats Garry.
Have you wrote letter to your mp? if yes, can you send me template plz.
yes garryinc if you can send the letter template.