ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - WP 5yr (205 days A/L)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

polar

ILR - WP 5yr (205 days A/L)

Post by polar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Just been granted ILR. My case is straight forward. I will state some of the points that I concerned, which may benefits others.

I booked the earliest booking. Maybe it was too early, my case was dealt with by the supervisor. After I passed her all the information (less than 10 mins), she asked me to wait at the waiting area while she looked at my documents.

SET(O) - Work Permit 5 years
Apply exactly 28 days before my 5 years stay.

Documents taken by the case worker:
- Passport
- Employer Letter
- Life in UK Test Certificate
- Original Work Permit
- 3 months Pay Slip
- 3 months Bank Statement
- 5 P60

Employer Letter (Use the template from this forum)
There is exact code from the COS for the Occupation stated in the Work Permit. However, the job title I had is different from Work Permit.

Pay Slip and Bank Statement
They are both in July. I have not submitted the document issued in August. Pay Slip printed on the company headed paper. Bank Statement has no money in the account as I move all the money to another account every month. I have supplied the other bank statement but the case worker just look at the balance and give it back to me.

Absence
I listed all the absense in another spreadsheet and attached it after the absence details in the form. All my 205 days were from annual leave. None of them over 90 days but quite a few with around 30 days. I did not count the date I leave and the date I arrived UK, i.e. 3 days if I have holiday between Monday and Friday.

My last absence (Jun 2011) without the entrance stamp as the officer said that I don't need a stamp to get in UK. It worries me a bit before.

I put a thick line between each year (01/01 every year), which makes the case worker easier to calculate the leave every year in case they want to calculate.

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 pm

cong... and well done.

Which PEO did you attend?

polar

Post by polar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 pm

mastiger82 wrote:cong... and well done.

Which PEO did you attend?
Forgot to mention. Croydon.

If you can, always go for the earliest booking!! It save you a lot of time!!
I get mine before 10:30am (8am booking).

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 pm

congratulations...Did the caseworker gave back employer letter after granting ILR or kept the letter

polar

Post by polar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:39 am

smaganti wrote:congratulations...Did the caseworker gave back employer letter after granting ILR or kept the letter
She kept the employer letter. She did not ask for any photocopy.

pepper123
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - WP 5yr (205 days A/L)

Post by pepper123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 am

polar wrote:

Absence
I listed all the absense in another spreadsheet and attached it after the absence details in the form. All my 205 days were from annual leave. None of them over 90 days but quite a few with around 30 days. I did not count the date I leave and the date I arrived UK, i.e. 3 days if I have holiday between Monday and Friday.
Are we not supposed to be gone for more than 30 days in one trip?

Also, I know we only count full days when adding up how long out of the country, but the form asks for date you left and date you return, so do you put the real dates? For instance, you left on Aug. 6 and returned on Aug. 10. That looks like 4 days, but is actually only 2 days out of the country.

polar

Re: ILR - WP 5yr (205 days A/L)

Post by polar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am

pepper123 wrote:
polar wrote:

Absence
Are we not supposed to be gone for more than 30 days in one trip?

Also, I know we only count full days when adding up how long out of the country, but the form asks for date you left and date you return, so do you put the real dates? For instance, you left on Aug. 6 and returned on Aug. 10. That looks like 4 days, but is actually only 2 days out of the country.
It is 90 days in single journey.

I put the real date but the formula in the excel spreadsheet is =return date - leave date -1 = 15/08-19/08/11 = 3 days