ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouce visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jishar81
Newly Registered

UK spouce visa question

Post by jishar81 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Dear folks,

My partners visa decision has just been overturned and she has now submitted her passport for visa seal. I got laid off from work now, is it a good idea to apply for Job seekers allowance at this moment? my natural instinct says no, but my logic is telling me that they would only look at the emplyment status at the time of application no? appriciate if someone could put a light into this.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Yes, no, maybe! In practice I think you are fine to claim but, theoretically, there is a very small chance that the visa will not be issued if it comes to light that there has been a significant and material change of circumstances since the refusal decision of which the Tribunal would be unaware. I`m really not sure how the visa post would get to know about your change of circumstances or if they felt it was significant but I feel compelled to point out what could happen rather than what will happen. I repeat that probabilities are small in this scenario.

Even so, claiming JSA is your right and would not affect anything if you can otherwise support your partner per the AIT suggested minimum maintenance levels. If you had savings and maintenance was not the reason for the original refusal I can`t see it being a problem. Wait for others to add their comments.