ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overdrawn bank statement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanram
Newly Registered

Overdrawn bank statement

Post by sanram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello folks,

First of all im really grateful to this forum for providing me great support, allthe way from hsmp to tier 1 to indefinite visa...and yes its the time to apply for the citizenship.

I have 2 questions :-

1) I have 2 bank accounts one with barclays where my salary goes in and all direct debits are set up, i regularly use my overdraft limit on that account around £2000, i know for work visas we have to keep bank statements in order...but is this applicable for citizenship as well? I havent seen any clause of maintained bank statement on ukba's website, would that harm my case?

2) My one year of indefinite stay will be up on 13th december, can i send my application 1 month in advance? I read somewhere that one month is the latest before u can send the application for citizenship. Or do i have to complete full 1 year before sending the application pack?

Help would be much appreciated.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 pm

1) Don't think they really care much about how well you've kept your bank ac in order; I took full 5 yrs bank statements for my ILR, and did the same at the NCS appointment at the time of my BC application; every now and then I've gone into over draft, but I dont actually recall if the NCS agent took away my statements for copy... in any case, I got my approval last week, so, atleast an approved OD doesn't count against you....

2) No, the 28 day advance doesn't work at the time of naturalisation. You have to have full 12 months gap b/w grant of ILR and the day you submit your naturalisation application.

I would highly recommend using the NCS instead of a postal service; you'll atleast have all your documents back with you, and currently the average processing time is circa 10-12 weeks; too long a period to be w.o ones passport I feel.

Also, the 90 and 450 day rules are fairly flexible, you can be over both; however, you have to be physically in the UK exactly 5 yrs prior to the day you submit your application - apparently this rule has no discretion and if you don't meet it; your application stands to be rejected.

shs213

Re: Overdrawn bank statement

Post by shs213 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

sanram wrote:Hello folks,

First of all im really grateful to this forum for providing me great support, allthe way from hsmp to tier 1 to indefinite visa...and yes its the time to apply for the citizenship.

I have 2 questions :-

1) I have 2 bank accounts one with barclays where my salary goes in and all direct debits are set up, i regularly use my overdraft limit on that account around £2000, i know for work visas we have to keep bank statements in order...but is this applicable for citizenship as well? I havent seen any clause of maintained bank statement on ukba's website, would that harm my case?

2) My one year of indefinite stay will be up on 13th december, can i send my application 1 month in advance? I read somewhere that one month is the latest before u can send the application for citizenship. Or do i have to complete full 1 year before sending the application pack?

Help would be much appreciated.
1) No impact
2) Minimum one year + 1 day

sanram
Newly Registered

Post by sanram » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Thankyou very much guys :)

gkskumar12

why 1yr+1 day???

Post by gkskumar12 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 pm

why not 1yr???