ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children born in UK during HSMP visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pjunk
Newly Registered

Children born in UK during HSMP visa

Post by pjunk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello everybody,

I am applying in person next Monday for my ILR. I have a two year daughter who was born whilst I was on my extended Tier1 (as an HSMP visa, covered by JR). I just reading that I don’t need to apply for her ILR since she will get her citizenship soon after we get ILR. Earlier, was thinking of applying for all three of us (myself, husband and daughter) but now come to think about it applying my daughter on ILR (when she will get citizenship soon after PR) sounds bit of waste of money.

Any advice?
Thanks

P.S. sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I tried searching I could not find much unless few lines in the FAQs

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 pm

you need not to apply for your daugther's ILR. once you get your ILR you can apply for registration and then british passport. Whole process (Registration certificate +Passport) will take around 3 months .
I did same for my daugther. Had sent her registration application(MN1) on 8 june 2011 ,got registration certificate in 19th August . For Passport , I sent on 24th August and got it on 4th Sept.

good luck.

pjunk
Newly Registered

Post by pjunk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you for your response. Some further questions:

Her visa expires with mine on 20th Oct this year. What would be her status whilst we are waiting for these 3 months? Is this legal? Could she just stay here without a valid visa since she was born here?

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:16 am

She will be considered as an overstayer after her leave expires. However, this won't affect her entitlement for British citizenship, if/when you're granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pjunk
Newly Registered

Post by pjunk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Ok, I got my answer…
Spoke to immigration and Nationality both. They tossed me back and forth between the two help lines…Finally got my answer from immigration.

The lady said since my daughter is born here, she has the right to be in this country. Between expiry of her visa and registration for citizenship, she would not be living in the country unlawfully (since she was born here) although she would still have immigration restrictions on her.