ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preparation for Premium Day Service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neilbittles
Newly Registered

Preparation for Premium Day Service

Post by neilbittles » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Guys,

My fiance is australian and arrived here on a Uk Tier 5 youth and mobility visa in Oct 2009. Her visa is coming to an end on 14th Oct 2011. We have an appointment booked for 7th Oct at Belfast premium day service office.
We lived with my parents when she arrived but since jan this year we have been living in our own rented apartment. We met in Australia when i was backpacking and got engaged in march 2011.
We are applying for an unmarried partner visa so that she can stay in N.I for a further two years and also doesnt have to go home while the application is in process.
We have proof that we have been living together for two years, witness statements from both sets of parents, joint bank accounts, lots of photographs etc.

We are just wanting some info on what to expect on the day?? will they interview both of us? Any other evidence we should provide? have you guys got any advice? I am 26 and she is 25, and we are both a little worried about what will happen.
Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks
Neil
:?

neilbittles
Newly Registered

Forgot to ask...

Post by neilbittles » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry forgot to ask, Do you know how much we should have in our bank accounts????

We both are working full time and are saving for our wedding! We have a combined income of 2100pounds after tax every month.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Forgot to ask...

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 pm

neilbittles wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry forgot to ask, Do you know how much we should have in our bank accounts????

We both are working full time and are saving for our wedding! We have a combined income of 2100pounds after tax every month.
Do you only have joint bank accounts as proof of cohabiting?

neilbittles
Newly Registered

Re: Forgot to ask...

Post by neilbittles » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 pm

mrlookforward wrote:
neilbittles wrote:Hi guys,

Do you only have joint bank accounts as proof of cohabiting?
Hi mrlookforward.

Well we have witness statements from both sets of parents, our payslips, bank account statements and also from when we moved into our own place we have our tennants agreement which started January 2011. Before that we were living with my parents. Do you reckon that will be enough?? Thanks
Neil

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 pm

I have copied this information from UKBA quidance, hope this will answer your queries.

Evidence of a committed relationship and proof of its length can take the form of:
- joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements,
mortgage, death benefit etc);
IDI March 06 CH8 SECT9 – UNMARRIED & SAME SEX RELATIONSHIPS - ANNEX Z
- if there are children of the relationship, a record of their birth entry;
- correspondence which links them to the same address;
- any official records of their address (eg Doctors records, DWP record, national
insurance record etc);
- letters from third parties may be of evidential value but should not of themselves
form the sole basis of a claim;
- any other evidence that adequately demonstrates their commitment to each other.
It will not be necessary to provide all of the above, but caseworkers should be looking for
sufficient conclusive evidence of the relationship.

neilbittles
Newly Registered

Post by neilbittles » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:56 am

mrlookforward wrote:I have copied this information from UKBA quidance, hope this will answer your queries.

Evidence of a committed relationship and proof of its length can take the form of:
- joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements,
mortgage, death benefit etc);
IDI March 06 CH8 SECT9 – UNMARRIED & SAME gender RELATIONSHIPS - ANNEX Z
- if there are children of the relationship, a record of their birth entry;
- correspondence which links them to the same address;
- any official records of their address (eg Doctors records, DWP record, national
insurance record etc);
- letters from third parties may be of evidential value but should not of themselves
form the sole basis of a claim;
- any other evidence that adequately demonstrates their commitment to each other.
It will not be necessary to provide all of the above, but caseworkers should be looking for
sufficient conclusive evidence of the relationship.
Thanks very much!
Do you guys know what happens on the day though? how long does it take ? will they interview just my fiancee? etc.
We really dont know what to expect :/

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 am

There is no interview. After passing security, you just go a counter, where they roughly check the docs, such as you have booked the right type of appointment, and correct form etc. Then they send you to a payment counter. Payment is collected and you are given a receipt, and they hand you a number. You just wait until your number is displayed or called and go to the counter. They will take all the docs there. They give you the decision in a little while. After half and hour or so, you go to another window to collect the passport.
Last edited by mrlookforward on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.