ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tribunal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

net5

tribunal

Post by net5 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:34 am

i am due to be attending a tribunal next tuesday at newport. I was wondering if anyone has attended a hearing there and there experiences

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:36 am

Are you asking about the facilities at Newport or about the outcome of the cases heard there? Everyone's situation is unique so asking about the outcome is not really of any benefit to you.

net5

Post by net5 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 am

sorry i should have been more clearer. I was going to ask how the presenting officer for the ukba are with people when asking them questions and the judges.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 am

It doesn't matter "how" they are. The case will be won or lost on the basis of law. No one there, judges or presenting officers have any personal scores that they want to settle with you. Presenting officer will present his side of "story" and you will present your side. They will be courteous to you, like almost everyone is in this country. But again, the outcome will be according to law/rules/requlations/proofs etc etc.

net5

Post by net5 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 am

thanks for letting me know, i think am just worrying over nothing. Its just nerves really

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm

I hope you have a barrister representing you.One thing to remember is the HOPO can ask you questions and you can't ask them unless you ask the judges permission.

Arrive in court earlier and go through with your barrister any questions they would ask you and the questions they think you might be asked by HOPO

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 am

i have a barrister already, just one last question peppekalle, once the appeal has been allowed. Can you start work before the status document arrives.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:27 am

net5 wrote:i have a barrister already, just one last question peppekalle, once the appeal has been allowed. Can you start work before the status document arrives.
if you don't have the right to work at the moment, then no you can't work before you have been granted leave to remain.

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 am

i know am not allowed to work at the moment. I was talking about after an appeal is allowed and the home office are not appealing against the decision

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 am

net5 wrote:i know am not allowed to work at the moment. I was talking about after an appeal is allowed and the home office are not appealing against the decision
no - you can't work until they have granted you leave to remain. The fact that the appeal has been allowed and the Home Office is not appealing is not sufficient. You have a solicitor - you should be asking him or her this - it is what they get paid for!

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:48 pm

yes i do have a solicitor, so do majority of the people on this forum. No need to start speaking like that really is there, i asked a question because am not sure on something and i did not even ask you directly did i

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 pm

yes i do have a solicitor, so do majority of the people on this forum. No need to start speaking like that really is there, i asked a question because am not sure on something and i did not even ask you directly did i

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:58 pm

My point was that your solicitor is being paid to represent you and should be giving you this basic information. I was happy to answer your question but you required further clarification. It is always best to seek advice from your representative who has the benefit of being fully furnished with the facts of your case-unless you have a reason to doubt the advice you have been given.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:44 am

net5 wrote:i have a barrister already, just one last question peppekalle, once the appeal has been allowed. Can you start work before the status document arrives.
Net 5 be prepared for a very long wait once your appeal is allowed before UKBA issue you with status documents.

Please keep us updated on your appeal.I hope you win the appeal.