ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull PEO (HSMP JR pre Nov 2006)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Akarsh
Newly Registered

ILR success at Solihull PEO (HSMP JR pre Nov 2006)

Post by Akarsh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 am

Hi,

I was sucessful in in ILR application yesterday at solihull, thanks to all the moderators and valuable information posed on the forum, i would like to share my experience and answer any questions...

HSMP status
First HSMP tier 1 visa issued in Oct 2006 for 2 years
Extended my HSMP (tier 1 general migrant) under the high court ruling (judicial review in 2008 for 3 years)

No. of applicants
1. Main applicant
2. Dependent

Document i carried with me

1. HSMP letters -2(2006 and 2008)
2. Bank statements - 12 months
3. Pay slips - 12 months
4. P60 - 5 years
5. Employment letter
6. Co habitation documents
a. Council tax letter (both names)
b. house agreement (both names)
c. utility bills (both names)
d. Joint account bank statements (1 year)
e. NHS cards
f. Drivers license

My appointment was at 9am, i arrived at the PEO Solihull office at 8.20 and was first in the queue. The doors opened at 8.30am, we went through a security check and was asked to confirm the appointment time and name, after confirmation i was given a ticket.

They called for my ticket number at 8.40 am. The case worker was very pleasant, he asked me for my application form and passports and did a few check on the computer.

He told me that he will need to do a few check and took my passports away, he came back after 5 minutes and asked for the following documents

1. Employment letter
2. 3 months pay slips
3. latest P60

After he had a look at the above documents he asked for the 2 photographs and told me that my ILR application had been approved.

I was told to pay the relevant fees (£2025) at the next counter and told to collect my passport in 2 hours time. I was out by 8.55am.

I went back to the PEO by 11.30 am and the passports were ready for collection. It was very simple and a pleasnt experience.

If you have any questions, please let me know i will try my best to answer them.

Once again thanks to all the moderators and forum users for their help and advise.

Regards
Akarsh

fora

Post by fora » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:20 am

congratulations,Akarsh.
What did u tick under 3 and 10?

Akarsh
Newly Registered

Post by Akarsh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Fora,

Section 3 - Which Category

Section B
Tier 1 (general)migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

Section 10

10A (for all applicants) and 10G

Cheers
Akarsh[/b]

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Akarsh,

Many Congratulations for your Success

I come under HSMP JR as well and Booked PEO appointment in Croydon on 8th Nov

Can you please provide me the employer Letter Format as My Hr is very lazy to Type it

Cheers

dba_kkk

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Check the sticky.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 pm

well done Akrash...

what about your wife..... was she here in uk with u for 2 years?
/
If not... did case worker ask you abot 2 years rule

thanks

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success at Solihull PEO (Judicial review pre Nov 200

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello akash
Well done mate, congratulation!
Few questions if you have time to ans!
1)
I was wondering if you can share the wording mentioned on your Tier 1 letter or HSMP letter? Also what's the date mentioned on each letter!

2)
When was leave expiring ? I mea when was ur tier 1 extension valid till?

3) was ur dependent stayed in Uk for less than 2 yrs?

Regards

Akarsh wrote:Hi,

I was sucessful in in ILR application yesterday at solihull, thanks to all the moderators and valuable information posed on the forum, i would like to share my experience and answer any questions...

HSMP status
First HSMP tier 1 visa issued in Oct 2006 for 2 years
Extended my HSMP (tier 1 general migrant) under the high court ruling (judicial review in 2008 for 3 years)

No. of applicants
1. Main applicant
2. Dependent

Document i carried with me

1. HSMP letters -2(2006 and 2008)
2. Bank statements - 12 months
3. Pay slips - 12 months
4. P60 - 5 years
5. Employment letter
6. Co habitation documents
a. Council tax letter (both names)
b. house agreement (both names)
c. utility bills (both names)
d. Joint account bank statements (1 year)
e. NHS cards
f. Drivers license

My appointment was at 9am, i arrived at the PEO Solihull office at 8.20 and was first in the queue. The doors opened at 8.30am, we went through a security check and was asked to confirm the appointment time and name, after confirmation i was given a ticket.

They called for my ticket number at 8.40 am. The case worker was very pleasant, he asked me for my application form and passports and did a few check on the computer.

He told me that he will need to do a few check and took my passports away, he came back after 5 minutes and asked for the following documents

1. Employment letter
2. 3 months pay slips
3. latest P60

After he had a look at the above documents he asked for the 2 photographs and told me that my ILR application had been approved.

I was told to pay the relevant fees (£2025) at the next counter and told to collect my passport in 2 hours time. I was out by 8.55am.

I went back to the PEO by 11.30 am and the passports were ready for collection. It was very simple and a pleasnt experience.

If you have any questions, please let me know i will try my best to answer them.

Once again thanks to all the moderators and forum users for their help and advise.

Regards
Akarsh

Akarsh
Newly Registered

Post by Akarsh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 am

Hi mastiger82,

My wife has been with me as my dependent from 2006, and her visa says HSMP tier 1 dependednt.

The caseworker did not ask me for any cohabitation documents, i guess it was because of her visa status.

hope this answers your question.

cheers
Akarsh

Akarsh
Newly Registered

Post by Akarsh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Son_of_soil,

The HSMP letters (Tier 1) states "the applicant has been granted extension under the high court ruling" basically the judicial review.

The first letter was dated Sept 2006, the second letter was dated 14 october 2008.

My leave to remain was due to expire on the 18th October 2011.

My dependednt has been in UK with me since 2006. The HO would have had both our details since the first HSMP visa

cheers
Akarsh

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Akrash
Thanks for reply
My initial HSMP letter is dated on 17th november but i applied in october 2006.i thihk thats what make me a JR case

My tier 1 extension says that my application has been dealt agaisnt the rules in place before 5th dec 2006 for applications made before 6th november 2006.
is that a confirmation of JR?

regards

Akarsh wrote:Hi Son_of_soil,

The HSMP letters (Tier 1) states "the applicant has been granted extension under the high court ruling" basically the judicial review.

The first letter was dated Sept 2006, the second letter was dated 14 october 2008.

My leave to remain was due to expire on the 18th October 2011.

My dependednt has been in UK with me since 2006. The HO would have had both our details since the first HSMP visa

cheers
Akarsh

fora

Post by fora » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:52 am

yes,it clearly confirms.
Dear Son-of-soil,do u have any plan in case if u r approved ILR but ur wife not?

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks Fora

well i will try my best to convience the CW in case it gets to thepoint that she cant get ILR and carry enough proof.I have a voicemail left on my phone in reply to my query to UKBA confirming that she should get ILR.

i believe you taking the email print you received in case you face the same difficulty.

Can i ask when does your leave expires?

fora wrote:yes,it clearly confirms.
Dear Son-of-soil,do u have any plan in case if u r approved ILR but ur wife not?

kdsuk

Post by kdsuk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Son_of_soil, Fora
I think we should be fine. We all are in same boat i.e. HSMP JR + Spouse living for less than 2 years.
I believe, like me, you also got a confirmation email from UKBA that dependants of HSMP JR applicants dont need to fulfill 2 years criteria.
That email will solve the purpose, in case CW is ignorant about the rule.
I am going first (third week of october) to solihull. I will update you about my experience.

My only concern, regarding my case is that I was unemployed for first 4 months of my HSMP period. Because, it took me time to find first job after getting HSMP. I really dont know how it will affect my ILR case.

fora

Post by fora » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm

my leave expiers 18 nov,solihull appointment on 25 october,
i am taking the email letters with me. u can also print my email which i got from ukba

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Kool , mine expiring on 20th and going 2nd nov to PEO solihull.

i have requested a employment history from HMRC for the year 2006-2007, 2007-2008 as i didnt have p60. I didnt have a proper job. sometime i was working and sometime not. HMRC have sent me that letter , its one page showing few agencies i worked for .do you think it can cause issue as in not working properly. ? however sincve 2008 i have a proper, permanent job and have all p60.Just wanted to know your views on that..

i will be eagerly waiting for your experiance.

fora wrote:my leave expiers 18 nov,solihull appointment on 25 october,
i am taking the email letters with me. u can also print my email which i got from ukba

fora

Post by fora » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:11 pm

i have only one p60 for 2006/7.the rest of years-letter hmrc.
i think we will b ok

Immigrant06

Re: ILR success at Solihull PEO (HSMP JR pre Nov 2006)

Post by Immigrant06 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Akarsh

Hi a different question, if one is covered in HSMP JR, then he does not need to fill the section 3 (which contains D.2) for continuous residence.

Does this mean that HSMP JR people are free from this rule?