ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 from umbrella company OR from my own employer?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muskan
Newly Registered

Tier2 from umbrella company OR from my own employer?

Post by muskan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 am

A dilemma :

My situation:

1.       Currently on PSW expiring in Feb-12.
2.       Working in IT in very good company on permanent position since 10 months.
3.       Earning £25,000 per year. ( which really less for me and getting calls for contract work with very good day rate)

I have two option:
Option 1: My company is ready to sponsor me with unrestricted COS. (Same salary and same work L I really want to earn more and work more)

Option 2: I have spoken to one Umbrella company who is ready to sponsor me as well but they will charge 23.5% of my salary earned. (But this could be still more than what I am earning right now). Is sponsorship from Umbrella company is Legal? Will it be any problem in future? Is this charges too high?

Please I will be really grateful for your suggestions and opinions on my situations.  Which option should I go with?

MarcusB
Newly Registered

Post by MarcusB » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

When I was sponsored by an umbrella company it was never more than 18.5% - and for most of the time I was paying 15%. The charges look pretty high to me!

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi

I think marcus may have dealt with 18.5% + employer's NI, while the 23.5% may include employer's NI (13.8%). However, that is not the main point

I would say go with the direct end-user sponsorship if they offer a fair salary and good promotion prospects and will support you with sponsorship

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

nish15
Newly Registered

Post by nish15 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Muskan,

Did you get sposnsored by an Umbrella company. I am in Tier 1 PSW looking to switch into Tier 2. I might switch to Contracting from Permanent position. But I want to know, if an Umbrella company can sposnsor Tier 2. Did you find if it is legal? Can you please share the Umbrella company which was ready to sposnsor you.

Thansk in advance.