ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mimumum earnings to prove support for EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zosiu
Newly Registered

Mimumum earnings to prove support for EEA2

Post by zosiu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 pm

My husband is self employed and I know its very difficult to prove self employment for visa applications and I was wondering if there is a mimimum wage or earnings they are looking to see from my husband to prove he can support me and our 2 year child for EEA2 applications. Also any other advice on providing the right documents for slef employment cases.

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Generally, you will find a lot of hints here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/ (but the design of that web page is such that you will have to carefully look around: there's a guide, a check list, and the application form itself gives clues as to what is needed).

From Article 8 of Directive 2004/38/EC:
Member States may not lay down a fixed amount which they regard as ‘sufficient resources’, but they must take into account the personal situation of the person concerned. In all cases this amount shall not be higher than the threshold below which nationals of the host Member State become eligible for social assistance, or, where this criterion is not applicable, higher than the minimum social security pension paid by the host Member State.