ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 resident permit transfer do I need to?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tidolina
Newly Registered

EEA 2 resident permit transfer do I need to?

Post by tidolina » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Dear all
My passport is expiring next year but my resident permit as a family member of EU national is valid one year extra.

I need to get new passport which will be on my married name and my resident visa in old passport is on my maiden name, will I have any problem getting in UK or I just have to bring my old passport with me and my marriage certificate to show immigration officer.
Was anyone in similar situation as I don’t want to apply for visa transfer?

AnthCambs
Newly Registered

Post by AnthCambs » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:59 pm

carry your old passport and your marriage cert

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:00 pm

What you obviously have is a residence card and not a permit or a visa. I think you already got sound advice in your other thread. You do not have to but you can. There is no transfer for residence cards as such but you would have to make a fresh application.

Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic. The other thread has been moved for a reason.