ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting return of EU national's document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Penelope111
Newly Registered

Requesting return of EU national's document

Post by Penelope111 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:56 am

Hello all you knowledgeable ones,

First I have to say thank you for this forum and all the helpful answers I have found here. I'm glad to say that we have submitted our EEA1 and EEA2 very recently (confirmed royal mail delivery a week ago). We are keeping fingers crossed that all goes well. My EU national husband would like to travel back to his country in a few weeks for a short visit. As we are still waiting for COA, do you think it is ok for us to request for his passport in 1-2 weeks time?

Thanks

vndpag

Re: Requesting return of EU national's document

Post by vndpag » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Penelope111 wrote:Hello all you knowledgeable ones,

First I have to say thank you for this forum and all the helpful answers I have found here. I'm glad to say that we have submitted our EEA1 and EEA2 very recently (confirmed royal mail delivery a week ago). We are keeping fingers crossed that all goes well. My EU national husband would like to travel back to his country in a few weeks for a short visit. As we are still waiting for COA, do you think it is ok for us to request for his passport in 1-2 weeks time?

Thanks
Hi Penelope111 you can request passport anytime for travelling purpose and kindly give us complete detail when did you apply ? because my wife EEA 1 ( Resident Card) arrived 6 week along with passport and my COA for more information read post under EEA Application timeline you will get idea what to expect. This forum is all about sharing information so please keep post your query and update.
Note : Usally it takes 10 days to get passport back so please ensure you request according your plan and better if you send pre paid envolpe with letter request or by telephone you may able to get early so your husand can travell on time. read more post to get idea and other cases. thank you
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
Resident Card 18/10/2011

bobobo

Re: Requesting return of EU national's document

Post by bobobo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 pm

You can call HO and ask for the pasports back at any time. When I called them I was told they would need either the COA ref number or the Royal Mail Special Delivery number andd they can raise a requeest for docs return. I waited for teh COA and called them and got my passport back the next day in the SD envelope I had enclosed, but HO can take upto 10 days to return docs.
Penelope111 wrote:Hello all you knowledgeable ones,

Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Do it anytime. Now is fine!

If the EU national has an ID card issued by their home country, that can also be used for travel within Europe.